Question about bring spouse on single permit

3 months ago I received a job offer from a company located in Malta. Then I followed the Single Permit - Still Abroad procedures and applied for a visa with an "approval in principle letter". I will come to Malta in the next month and complete the "Still Abroad Part 2" process and then start working.

I want my wife to move to Malta with me and live as a family. However, I examined the "Checklist-for-TCNs-applying-for-the-Family-Reunification-status" document. It says that we will able to apply after residing in Malta at least 1 years. I think this is a very long time to live away from family members.

Am I going through the wrong document for my case? What is the procedure I need to follow in order to bring my wife to Malta as soon as possible?

Thank you very much for your support.

@tayfun vural

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Wrong
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@tayfun vural Hi. It's possible. I came to Malta by family reunification last year whilst my husband was working in Malta for only been 3 months.

However, he is KEI employee.

What you can do is:

Email the embassy about your situation and tell them that it's impossible for you to wait and have your family away for a year.

Is your contract a definite one? My husband is indefinite contract.

Please note that when it comes to family reunification each case is seen on its own merits.  In general you if you apply under the Family reunification policy you can bring a family member once you  have sepent  a year in Malta, under the Legal Notice 2 years.  If your case is a particular one there might be some concessions.  Feel free to pm if you need assistance or guidance on the matter.

Please note that when it comes to family reunification each case is seen on its own merits.  In general you if you apply under the Family reunification policy you can bring a family member once you  have sepent  a year in Malta, under the Legal Notice 2 years.  If your case is a particular one there might be some concessions.  Feel free to pm if you need assistance or guidance on the matter.

@hc1728 The post you replied to is a year old.