Processing of change of job work permit

Hi good day!

I would like to know if you have any idea how long it takes to process the work permit (to transfer all the records to the new employer) for the change of job in  Malta. Thank you!

as far as I know, work permit is valid for one employer - if you change jobs your new company has to request new work permit for you - which you may or may not receive

Yes i know that the new employer will be the one to process my new work permit. The case is this,i already resigned from my current employer and i have my new employer now and we are planning to apply for the new work permit in the identity malta. My question is how long it will take to process the new work permit.thanks

recently couple of people I know requested WP
one got it in 2 weeks, another in 7 weeks, and rest in between

have no idea how to determine how long does the process take

Hello, I have the same issue . Already resigned from job, and planning to apply with new employer. How much time ID Malta gives, to change permit from one to another? I mean , how long should it be from quitting to applying?

Thanks in advance

Hi
what documents need to give for a change of job

I would have thought that the moment you leave your existing employer you no longer have a valid work permit or visa and technically have no legal right to stay in the country and would have to leave until your new employer processes your new permit.
The only people who can give you the answers you need are 'Identity Malta' but be prepared for an answer you may not like!

Ray

anyone kows hwhat docs we need

LOVENA83 wrote:

anyone kows hwhat docs we need

Why ask the same question again when you have had an answer.

i did not ahve the answer i asked for it first time

LOVENA83 wrote:

If you do not have a work permit for the job you are going to then, in theory, when you current job ends you would either have to leave the country or try and get a tourist permit/visa.

As far as documents required, they would be the same as the previous application.

Check with ETC or Identity Malta!

Ray

great thanks

F0xgl0ve wrote:
LOVENA83 wrote:

If you do not have a work permit for the job you are going to then, in theory, when you current job ends you would either have to leave the country or try and get a tourist permit/visa.

As far as documents required, they would be the same as the previous application.

Check with ETC or Identity Malta!

Ray

When you're still working on the current job and want to change it. You need to go to Identity Malta with the all required documents, apply and after confirming your application leave the current job. That what I heard from Identity Malta.
The other question is does an employer need to prove that he couldn't find anybody from EU/Malta?

The work permit is tied to the employer so you would have to be able to carry on working for your current employer until a new work permit, applied for by your future employer is granted.

'The other question is does an employer need to prove that he couldn't find anybody from EU/Malta?'

Effectively if asked by the authorities -Yes.
All jobs have to be made available to Maltese Citizens first, EU National second and then TCN's. Only if a suitably qualified person from the first two categories can not be found can a TCN be employed.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:

The work permit is tied to the employer so you would have to be able to carry on working for your current employer until a new work permit, applied for by your future employer is granted.

'The other question is does an employer need to prove that he couldn't find anybody from EU/Malta?'

Effectively if asked by the authorities -Yes.
All jobs have to be made available to Maltese Citizens first, EU National second and then TCN's. Only if a suitably qualified person from the first two categories can not be found can a TCN be employed.

Ray

1) So, the most important thing is don't leave the current job until your documents are approved.
2) Yes, but check this list https://jobsplus.gov.mt/employers-mt-MT … ileId=1018

Hii I am shiv bahadur b k .I am going to change job from current employer to anyother .for processing what docoment are required . could you tell me please and how long it will be take time to change new permit