Work permit process time Malta

Hi All
just want to ask how long  to take release for an ETC workpermit in Malta as NON-EU nationality, all documents submitted 5weeks ago until now no response from them,how can I follow up with I'd malta is there any way to track please need suggestions..

Hello Bony,

Normally it takes 4 to 12 weeks. You can't track it by your own. It's the employer who can track it. So, be in touch with your employer. If all the documents you provided are complete, then you shouldn't worry at all. Very soon you will get your ETC letter through your employer. Wish you all the best.

Thanks Mr.Khan..

ibkhan1984 wrote:

Hello Bony,

Normally it takes 4 to 12 weeks. You can't track it by your own. It's the employer who can track it. So, be in touch with your employer. If all the documents you provided are complete, then you shouldn't worry at all. Very soon you will get your ETC letter through your employer. Wish you all the best.

As you do not live in Malta you are probably not aware that everything can take a long time.

As  usual how long it will take?

Bony Sebastian wrote:

As  usual how long it will take?

This question has been asked before and so far nobody has been able to give a definite reply.

GozoMo wrote:
ibkhan1984 wrote:

Hello Bony,

As you do not live in Malta you are probably not aware that everything can take a long time.

Thanks GozoMo, but I found it somewhere on expat forum.  :)

GozoMo wrote:

Dear GozoMo, I already got my ETC letter just in 4 weeks. That's why I said that. Also the visa. Very soon I will be there. Wish if I could meet you in Malta.  ;)

GozoMo wrote:

:top:

Hello ibkhan1984,

So you really got your working permit in 4 weeks? May I ask what country you're from and what industry you would be working in? Also, during the application for the permit, were you required to accredit your degree in Malta as part of the process?

the best answer you got is 4-12 weeks

i waited 7 weeks for i gaming job
my wife waited 10 weeks for i gaming job

so you see - there is no general rule

Bratua94 wrote:

Hello ibkhan1984,

So you really got your working permit in 4 weeks? May I ask what country you're from and what industry you would be working in? Also, during the application for the permit, were you required to accredit your degree in Malta as part of the process?

Dear Bratua94,

I am Pakistani expat in UAE. Working in the transportation industry as a professional trainer. I got an opportunity in Malta Public Transport. And yes they asked about all the concerned documents (academics, experience, reference etc.) Which I already provided to them. After that when my employer applied for the permit to Identity Malta, I got it within 4 weeks. But as I also made my own research in different ways, I find out that it takes different time for different people. Which means it's up to them (the Identity Malta). So, I would also suggest that you should show patience and shouldn't worry. As it is normal.

I was waiting 3 months

Hello vnzhlv,

May I ask what industry it is you were employed at? Also, did you need accredit your degree in Malta through MQRIC? Cos I feel like that's gonna add a whole lot of time for me.

Hello,
IT industry,
Yes, I don't remember how long I was waiting for accreditation my diploma but not more than 3-4 weeks.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it. Well my work permit was applied for in early April, so it seems that I'll be waiting till July or even August. The wait is really killing me. The time uncertainty is unbearable. How did you even hold up? What were you doing during the waiting period?

Em.. You mean that you didn't give them the diploma when you applied?
I had a freelance work since I'm developer ;)

No. Of course I gave them the diploma and all the required documents. A week later I was told they needed to accredit my degree in Malta. After the accreditation was paid for, they submitted the receipt to identity malta since the accreditation would take a while. So they said the receipt would be enough for identity malta to continue processing the work permit till the accreditation was ready.

Oh, okey. Just I don't remember the whole process  :/
But anyway, it doesn't make sense. If you applied at the beginning of April most likely it'll be ready at the beginning of July. Good luck!

Hi Bony,

I have the same case with you. Let me know if you received your work permit. The wait is really killing me 😞

Hi heart31,

Not Bony but I eventually got mine in exactly 4 weeks from the date of application. So it seems 4 weeks is the current waiting time but I wouldn't put much hope in that as others have said, it varies for everybody.

I guess I just have to wait then as it is not consistent with everyone. I appreciate your reply a lot. Thank you!

Hi , I didn't get mine also ,still waiting, I think it will take little more time..

How I can see it depends on the season.

Hello bony did you get your permit? Could you mention the permit issued date ? 👍that I can calculate the time frame. Im also waiting since june 1 😢but still no sign

razdeep wrote:

Hello bony did you get your permit? Could you mention the permit issued date ? 👍that I can calculate the time frame. Im also waiting since june 1 😢but still no sign

Unfortunately this person has two topics on the same subject, if you look at the other one you will
find it more upto date.

Hi all
I applied Malta work visa last April. But till date I hadn't any update from them. So please can u tell me what's the processing time of Malta work visa??  My waiting is kill me..plz ask me

Uvp wrote:

Hi all
I applied Malta work visa last April. But till date I hadn't any update from them. So please can u tell me what's the processing time of Malta work visa??  My waiting is kill me..plz ask me

As you will see from previous comments, it takes as long as it does. Sadly no one HERE can give an exact answer.

Hi ,

When was your application submitted by your employer?

My employer submitted on june 1 for work permit and I have a receipt also. Almost, till date 50 days gone but I have nt got my work permit

Hi there!

I would like to ask you which companies do normally provide work permit in Malta?

I know that not of them are willing to do it, so I will be very grateful for some tips and company recommendations from your experience.

Regards,
Ann

Hlo sir I have applied for the work permit ..I have passed already 12 weeks but until I did not get any response .......

Its been 84 days but I also didnt received the permit yet. Whats happening uff

razdeep wrote:

Its been 84 days but I also didnt received the permit yet. Whats happening uff

As mentioned before it can take ages, no one on here can give you a definite answer.

Also during the summer months, things can take longer than normal as people are on holiday leave, so that means there are fewer people in the office.

Can someone advise me where to try to find info whats happening with my application?
First time after 3 months they rejected me, I wrote an appeal and from that moment agony begins, after 3 months still not even one information only PENDING PENDING PENDING.

Redwhite wrote:

Can someone advise me where to try to find info whats happening with my application?
First time after 3 months they rejected me, I wrote an appeal and from that moment agony begins, after 3 months still not even one information only PENDING PENDING PENDING.

Asking the same question twice on different topics will not get you better answers especially as one topic is immigration and the other is work permits!
Only the appeals board can tell you.!

just want to ask how long  to take release for an ETC workpermit in Malta as NON-EU nationality, all documents submitted 14 weeks ago until now no response from them,how can I follow up with I'd malta is there any way to track please need suggestions..

Look that is the nightmare.
I am in the process from March, they rejected me after 13 weeks and explanation was totally stupid.
So I appeal and proved that explanation for rejecting that they mentioned is not right and now I am waiting for the answer on appeal more then 3months.
Even if you go there to ask trust me its useless, you will find more information about this problem from butcher then from people that work in immigration or appeal.

So it's just important to have patience.

just want to ask how long  to take release for an ETC workpermit in Malta as NON-EU nationality, all documents submitted 14 weeks ago until now no response from them,how can I follow up with I'd malta is there any way to track please need suggestions..