Are you afraid of dying one day?

we all gonna die one day. We aren't going to live forever ( are we? ) we will leave this beautiful world behind, The only dangerous thing that has ever happened to us is that we were born because we can die at any time. Any thoughts?

Actually, Hericles, believe it or not, although our physical bodies die, there is an eternity that awaits us all. Again, believe it or not, at the end of time, some of us will be going to everlasting life and others will be enduring an eternity of torment and suffering -- far worse than anything they have ever experienced here.
If you would like to know more about the everlasting life that you can have as a gift, let me know.

death is not something to be afraid.what make you fear of your death is your sins.

everything has an expiration date, and when things expires it means.. OVER!
people are afraid of death because of things they live for, but if they see they have nothing to lose than they wont be afraid of death.

everything has to die. we all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.

When you're dead you're dead.

Have seen more than my share of death, and have no fear of dying.
When it's your turn to go your time is up.

I'm on the afterlife side but, as a lousy Muslim and a previously terrible Christian (I broke 9 out of 10 commandments - adultery was the most fun), I don't expect to be cold at any point in the coming eternity.
That, I suppose, should be a reason to be a bit wobbly kneed in an underwear changing way at the idea of snuffing it but, since there's bugger all I can do about it, why worry.
All I can hope for is, the most forgiving living up to that name and fancying a good laugh that day.

Should that be the case, and I manage to get a favour, I'll snap a photo and make one last post on 'fred went a wandering'.

Other than that, necrophiliacs, keep an eye on the death notices so I can have last bit of fun.

since i'm not the immortal,i can't ask Nicolas Flamel for the Elixir of Life,and i'm just a witty girl. I think i supposed to accept the truth that my time will end up someday..

and i admit that,sometimes i feel scared about it, if i think of all unfinished obligations,the sins,the life-record of mine... but then i realize, nobody gets out alive anyway..

that's why i always try to make my day:each single day, as a meaningful day of my life..
(1) try to meet many people, known or the new one,as many as possible; cuz i believe there will be something to learn in each people i meet...
(2) share as much as i can, in every matters..
(3) thank the Universe for the way i am..
well..i just wanna build my living legacy, realizing that i am no one..seems like i wrote " I WAS HERE" on the sand at the beach,when the sea will come suddenly and...pooff...dissapear!

but heeyy,,,now i'm scared,i realize that it's not that easy as i thought..

-b-

as you guys just shared, we all have expiration, we all gonna die and most of us are afraid of dying, WHY? because we did not believed what was written, we forgot that life on earth are just temporarilly. It was said that life after death are forever and some will be judged by their good deeds and most people will go to hell fire. I hope not. :gloria

I'm with Woody Allen... "I'm not afraid of dying; I'd just rather not be there when it happens."

Gordon Barlow wrote:

I'm with Woody Allen... "I'm not afraid of dying; I'd just rather not be there when it happens."

:lol:

All of which reminds me of something I once saw on a list of stupid questions.....

Is it true that if you die while you're sleeping you won't know about it until you wake up?

hahahahahahaha.

I'm not worried about dying, we all die one day. I'm more worried about not living! That's why I make every minute count, I don't want to miss out on anything because you only go around once.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

wjwoodward wrote:

I'm not worried about dying, we all die one day. I'm more worried about not living! That's why I make every minute count, I don't want to miss out on anything because you only go around once.

Cheers,

I do agree with you,dad..
Actually I don't believe when people said "we only live once"
Because for me,in my opinion...I live everyday,and I believe I only die once!

And now,I'm trying to build my living legacy..trying to settle a worth-living life..

-b-

I'd be afraid of not dying.  Most 80 year olds can't do most of the things they used to love doing.  By 100 your options are extremely limited.  I think by 200 you wouldn't be any fun at all.

Hericles wrote:

The only dangerous thing that has ever happened to us is that we were born because we can die at any time. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing you've never driven in Hong Kong.  That's pretty dangerous.

most normal people are affraid of it... however, at least, that is the only time when you will get the certain answer to the huge unanswered question of: what happens after death?

manos_ wrote:

most normal people are affraid of it... however, at least, that is the only time when you will get the certain answer to the huge unanswered question of: what happens after death?

well,manos_
now i'm thinking about that also..
many speculations about that, most of them believe there will be another life after death..

by the way..if i found the answer, i'll let you know..
(by it means i have to die first,,,,) :)

-b-

well, that's the thing. As you said, speculations. There is no proof for anything, and everything is based on the level of belief you want to place upon any theory. The real answer we will have only once we get there, and unfortunately we wont be able to share with anyone else :) (cause otherwise, I am sure some of the billions who died so far would have let us know what happens ;) )

you got my point,manos_

let the secret be a secret,,

there are wellknown places in the world-after-life named Heaven and Hell...

well..if i can choose, i would like to stay in between..cuz i realize i'm not that good to be in heaven but not that bad also to be in hell :lol::P

filakia,filo mou

-b-

heh, this is cool ;) thanks!

Also if you want to see an alternative interpretation, google "spirit science" :) i found it by accident, and was a long documentary, took me a few days to watch all, but interesting nontheless

the Spirit Science Portal..
i knew that..

:D

interesting, right??

it is indeed. But just like everything else, just speculation :) good bedtime story though :) the truth, only when we die!

A bed time story? I don't think so,filo mou...
I won't fall asleep if you tell a story about that..I will stay awake and and start discussing..

Umm...whatta romantic scenario!

Filakia,
-b-

aabie ryan wrote:

A bed time story? I don't think so,filo mou...
I won't fall asleep if you tell a story about that..I will stay awake and and start discussing..

Umm...whatta romantic scenario!

Filakia,
-b-

:offtopic:

Whatever will be, will be; so why it should scare me!!!

Hericles wrote:

we all gonna die one day. We aren't going to live forever ( are we? ) we will leave this beautiful world behind, The only dangerous thing that has ever happened to us is that we were born because we can die at any time. Any thoughts?

Try crossing the road in Korea.

As for dying, I don't want to live too much past 80, as HaileyinHongKong said most of the stuff I like doing I won't be able to do much beyond 80. Thats not life at all. My grandmother is still alive at 104 and she can't even remember what day it is, who wants that.

mas fred wrote:

I'm on the afterlife side but, as a lousy Muslim and a previously terrible Christian (I broke 9 out of 10 commandments - adultery was the most fun),
Other than that, necrophiliacs.

Hey Fred  you wouldn't wanna your wife to read this...

Hericles wrote:
mas fred wrote:

I'm on the afterlife side but, as a lousy Muslim and a previously terrible Christian (I broke 9 out of 10 commandments - adultery was the most fun),
Other than that, necrophiliacs.

Hey Fred  you wouldn't wanna your wife to read this...

Let him like that Hericles...
He really wish for "potong sosis" session!

Dear.Mas Fred...
I do agree with Hericles...

I hope you are okay...
:P

-b-

no

kiwiinkorea wrote:

Try crossing the road in Korea.

Or Hong Kong.  Or any big city in China.  Probably anywhere in Asia, really.

No. Everyone one has to die one day. So why we fear of death???

Death comes to us all. No way we can stop it.

I have seen and faced death more times than I care to think about. 

Death is inevitable and I will face it with dignity.

stumpy wrote:

Death is inevitable and I will face it with dignity.

Hear, hear!

I wasn't afraid of dying until they told me I could get 72 virgins.  Now I'm terrified.  What am I going to do with 72 virgins?

I'm not afraid of dying. But I do admit I'm afraid of how I will die. For example, I hate flying because of the torment of falling 35,000 feet. That's just too much torture for me. Or freezing in the water like in the movie Titanic...that's just way too long.

I'am afraid of dying, how will I die and the pain of it but dying is something everyone will experience, the Q? is are we ready.......?

Fear is only ignorance that's all

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I wasn't afraid of dying until they told me I could get 72 virgins.  Now I'm terrified.  What am I going to do with 72 virgins?

I don't believe in waste so, if you don't want them.......

Agree! Dying is something that is out of our control, when we sleep it does not give us any assurance that we will wake up the following day. So let us live and love love life! I am happy that i have survived my brain surgery so i live my life to its best!

xoxo
Cosna...

Agree :)

mas fred wrote:

I don't believe in waste so, if you don't want them.......

You can have them - but don't tell me what you plan to do with 72 male virgins.

wjwoodward wrote:

All of which reminds me of something I once

Cheers,

How to make every minute count? That's really an issue.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR