Western union Riyals to Pounds or Euros

Hi

Not yet having a Saudi bank account yet, and not wanting to send my salary into my highly overdrawn french and UK accounts (yes.....:-( ) is there any way I can send sums of money to individual people in France and UK? My first salary will be cheque and in Riyals.

Many thanks

Michael

ANB Bank's Telemoney is what you're looking for.

Fill up a simple form and mention the bank account number of the beneficiary.

But you need Iqama for this.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Thanks but my name is Michael Pakeniqama - less

michaelpakenham wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Thanks but my name is Michael Pakeniqama - less

Haha.. :lol:

Try telling that at the Telemoney counter, and come back and tell us if it worked there..

michaelpakenham wrote:

Hi

Not yet having a Saudi bank account yet

How about asking someone from work to help you out? Take the guy with you and ask him to send the money using his iqama. WU will charge 5%, btw.

Michael you maybe able to open a Western Union account which you will need with just your Passport if you still have that!

Otherwise you will need to know someone with a iqama who is willing to stand in a queue to open an account or who already has one!

Michael, you need to have a Iqama in order to transfer money or you have to use someone to remit on your behalf.
If you have Iqama options are Enjaz (they also have western union service), AlRajhi Remittance and ANB Telemoney.

I am afraid without Iqama it will be diff for you.

Bruckner wrote:
michaelpakenham wrote:

Hi

Not yet having a Saudi bank account yet

How about asking someone from work to help you out? Take the guy with you and ask him to send the money using his iqama. WU will charge 5%, btw.

I've done that. Through Western Union. It was clear to the cashier he was sending it for me, there was no problem.

You can send money to your intended recipient without any charges from Telemoney (ANB), Rajhi Tahweel (Rajhi Bank), Speed Cash (Samba), Enjaz (Enjaz Bank) and a few others. They all have options for Western union too but that costs a bit. Bets to avoid it altogether.

You can avoid paying for it if you opt to send the money to a local bank in your recipients country (if they have such a service for European countries/banks i cannot confirm, but for Asian countries they do), that way  your recipient can receive the money directly from the bank (you do not even need to have an account at the bank with which any of the above have a service agreement with). The recipient will need an ID card or something at time of receiving plus the transfer that you will provide from the receipt you get here.

All these options require a valid iqama. If you dont just ask a friend or someone at the office to help you out, if someone has a card from any of the above mentioned already then he can help you no problem by sending the money on your behalf.