Transfer money without a Saudi Bank account

hi

I do not have an iqama or a Saudi bank account yet. Do you know how I can transfer money to my English bank account.

Thanks a lot.

It is very Difficult to cary out any transaction or money transfer without an IQAMA, however you can take help from some of your friends who have an IQAMA and bank account and do the same for you...

I dont understand where you are transferring from? You do not need IQAMA to transfer to UK account. Where ever the money is coming from if they have a bank account they will have their own iqama.

Is this your salary or something? If you ask they should be ok with putting it straight into your account. If you are trying to put cash into your UK account, then not sure, perhaps you are best giving the cash to a friend and having them transfer for you. What ever the case you just need you normal bank details with the IBAN number(i think) whatever your international number is. I have never used western union myself but am of the understanding it is not all that trustworthy in KSA. Although even the banks have their moments with misplacing monies

Hi Louise,

I think the subject matter concern is for transferring the hard earned money in the KSA to transfer it to the local bank account back home and without having IQAMA, it is next to impossible !!!

This is why I ask if it is salary then ask to have it put straight into a UK account, that is perfectly possible because we used this. And they are perfectly capable of having it in there on the correct day of the month, my husband is paid in GBP so as not to lose too much on exchange rate and just takes the little bit of cash that is needed. Make sure that if this is what you do that you tell your bank where you are else when you come to take cash out the card will get stopped.

If katelol has already taken cash then as you said the only option is a friend which I second. It is not impossible, you just need to think ahead.

you cannot transfer a money as unknown person

you should atleast have Nationality ID or Passport.

but for answering your question, you don't need to have Bank account in Saudi Arabia to transfer money to your local account in your country

all what you need is your IPAN account number for your local account  and send it normally in Transfer Banks

Regards

IPAN :) I knew it was something close

Louise.Welge wrote:

IPAN :) I knew it was something close

its Called IBAN :P
International Bank Account Number :P

Ackeles wrote:

its Called IBAN :P
International Bank Account Number :P

YAY, lol I was right first time then :dumbom:

lol, sorry for my poor english

Komsee wrote:

lol, sorry for my poor english

No need to apologize, you're doing fine!  It's just that B/P confusion thingie that happens here in KSA :lol:

Komsee wrote:

you cannot transfer a money as unknown person

you should atleast have Nationality ID or Passport.

but for answering your question, you don't need to have Bank account in Saudi Arabia to transfer money to your local account in your country

all what you need is your IPAN account number for your local account  and send it normally in Transfer Banks

Regards

hi

I want to transfer cash  into my UK account but I do not have an Iqama yet. You are saying I can use transfer banks. Could you please tell me where the transfer banks are and if woman can go there?

Thanks a lot

You've been very helpful

Without Iqama it wont be possible as far as i know. However, you can take help of some of your friend (who has got IQAMA) in that case to transfer to your account .....

Thank you.

Did u manage to transfer the money ???

You cannot transfer with the banking services without Iqama. But I think Western Unioin allows you to transfer on passport.

Thank you. I will find someone who has Iqama.

dont u have a bassbort?? ( i mean passport ;p)

i beileve passport is enough to transfer money

I have a passport but not an iqama. I am still looking for the bank which transfers money without an iqama.

Have not heard good things about western union, to the point thaat I wouldn't recommend it but it is there and apparently they will transfer with just passport. But as i say I am yet to hear anything good.

Pretty sure you wouldn't find a bank as you would need an account to transfer and its the account you need the iqama for

Katelol wrote:

I have a passport but not an iqama. I am still looking for the bank which transfers money without an iqama.

You can transfer money on passport through Rajhi AlTaweel, Enjaz Bank (Western Union) and Money Gram, but there is a limit on remittance (e.g. through western union you can transfer upto 7000 SAR per day using your passport/visit visa whereas limit for Iqama holders is upto 20K SAR) . Same stands for Rajhi Altaweeel and Moneygram.

All of the above mentioned branches are collocated in Souk Shumali near Exit-5.

malisohail wrote:

You can transfer money on passport through Rajhi AlTaweel, Enjaz Bank (Western Union) and Money Gram, but there is a limit on remittance (e.g. through western union you can transfer upto 7000 SAR per day using your passport/visit visa whereas limit for Iqama holders is upto 20K SAR) . Same stands for Rajhi Altaweeel and Moneygram.

All of the above mentioned branches are collocated in Souk Shumali near Exit-5.

A post to save in the archives. No doubt this will be needed again soon, great knowledge malisohil ;)

Hi.. i would like to check is it possible to do an TT from a saudi arabia bank to a bank account in Singapore ?

Is the SWIFT code sufficient instead of IBAN code since banks in Singapore do not use IBAN ?

Hello there ,

You should have a bank account here in Saudi in order to be able to transfer money to other international banks ; you need the SWIFT CODE of the bank in Singapore ...IBAN is only used here in KSA.... Also, you can do that online..

Hope that helped ,,,

Regards,

hongseng83 wrote:

Hi.. i would like to check is it possible to do an TT from a saudi arabia bank to a bank account in Singapore ?

Is the SWIFT code sufficient instead of IBAN code since banks in Singapore do not use IBAN ?

If you don't have a Bank account and Iqama(work permit)ask for help from someone who is having local bank account possibly your friends/colleagues. Visit the bank with your friend/colleague and provide this information :-

Local Bank Detail
Saudi Bank Account No.
IBAN

Transfer Account Detail
Account Holder Name
Bank Name
Acount No.
Swift Code
Bank Corrospondence Address

If you have IBAN you can provide else Swift code is sufficient.

What the bank does is add your account as a beneficiary in your friends account, also the bank provides a small card for this beneficiary account. If you want to transfer money at the bank you can else you can deposit the money in your friends account and ask him to transfer it online.

I used to transfer like this when I was new in Saudi and didn't had Iqama & Bank Account. Not all the bank branches do the transfer only certain branches (for Al Rajhi Bank its Tahweel Branch).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have Iqama but not a bank account go to Samba bank and provide the details of the account you want to transfer to; they will transfer the money and provide you a card which you can use for transferring the money later also. Sometime if the transfer amount is huge they might ask for the source.

Max

Hi there!

Does anyone knows the rates for transferring money to Europe?

Through banks it´s the best choice?

Can you advice me some banks ?

PS: it is possible to cross the border out with cash? Does it have any quantity limitation?

Tkyou all

ribraga wrote:

Hi there!

Does anyone knows the rates for transferring money to Europe?

Through banks it´s the best choice?

Can you advice me some banks ?

PS: it is possible to cross the border out with cash? Does it have any quantity limitation?

Tkyou all

The rates depend on which bank you're transferring from and which country and bank you're transferring to. It also depends on which currency you're wanting so send the money in. If you send SAR then your own bank will probably charge you to change it into your own currency.

You should go to a few different banks and say "I want to send xxx in SAR/another currency to xxx bank in xxx country - how much do you charge?" I would try my own bank first - if the rates don't seem too high just go with that until you hear of another which is much cheaper. Bear in mind some banks in Saudi require you to have an account with them, before you do a transfer out of the KSA.

And taking cash with you is okay. The 'limits' are either 10,000 US dollars or Euros. I'm sure many, many others have taken more than the limit, not declared the excess, and walked through customs as calm as a cucumber.

All the above is correct, as far as I know. If anyone has anything to add I'd be grateful.

i will tranfer money

ilango wrote:

i will tranfer money

Need my account details ;)

ilango wrote:

i will tranfer money

You have posted on an inactive thread and what makes you think someone would give you, a total stranger, their bank account details to transfer funds.  :whistle:

Use a person that has an iqama to transfer for u

U do it when you are with your colleague .
Obviously u don't  aproach a total stranger.