Foreign Master's: ¿is it good?

Hi, everyone.

I'm currently studying a Computer Sciences bachelor in Mexico and I'd like to move to Germany in the future.

When I'm finished with my bachelor's, I'd like do an IT-related Master's, but I still don't know if I should do it in Mexico or in Germany.

My ultimate goal is to work and live in Germany and stay there for good, but I don't know if german IT companies will consider a foreign Master's good enough, or if they'll look down on it, or if they'll flat out disregard it and offer me a bachelor's salary.

Language is not a problem, I speak German, English and Spanish.

Also, I have planned to have at least 3-year experience in software development before I move.

If anyone could give me an honest piece of advice, I'd appreciate it (especially if they're human resources personnel or they've had a similar experience).

Thanks.

Regards.

Since the Bachelor/Master system is still new in Germany (previously, there was only one degree called "diploma", which was roughly comparable to a M.Sc.), there isn't really an established salary difference between the two.
After a few years work, experience (and how well it fits the job requirements) makes a much bigger difference.
And you don't want to work for those companies looking down on a foreign degree anyways!

Hello,

A Master's degree wil open to you meany doors in Germany especially if it's from a German university.

But the most important for German companies is your experience.

I have a job interview in a few hours with a German university :D

Thank you for your replies.

So, from what I've read it seems that some German IT companies might give a German degree preference over a foreign one, but that's not really something that will define whether you'll get the job you're looking for, since experience is more important.

Are there any other advantages or disadvantages in having a foreign degree as opposed to a German one? Like promotion opportunities or something?

Thanks.

Regards.