Ausbildung in Nursing - Germany

Hello guys,
I wanted to know if its hard to get to Germany as a Palestinian resident to apply for Ausbildung in Nursing. I have already had 2 interviews but I got rejected with no explanation why. I am very passionate to study in this field but I am not sure where to look or who to ask anymore. Your help would be so appreciated 🙏🏻.

Hello,

What's your level in German language ?

Hello!
I cannot comment on how hard or easy it is to get to Germany for Nursing as I have not applied yet but I do want to go to Germany for an Ausbildung in Nursing. Some questions I have for you:

How is your German? Is your German at least a B1 or B2?

Did you get your school education/certificates/high school diplomas translated into German? The minimum requirements are Sekundarabschluss (6 years of schooling) or Hauptschulabschluss (5 years of schooling). With Hauptschulabschluss you have to have that and some other requirements like going to vocational school for 2 years (check the hospitals you want to apply with because I noticed some have different requirements on the school requirements. I had to have my German friend explain the schooling part to me because I am from Canada and I didn't understand so if I get that wrong then people who understand the school system better can chime in and let me know)

Have you followed the German CV and Resume form?

If you are good to go in all of these areas then try applying to smaller communities. I am from a small town myself and we are desperate for nurses in Canada especially in the smaller communities because we can't find people to work. In the bigger cities you have a lot of competition and it may be tougher to get one. I will be applying myself in smaller towns in Germany. I think you may have a better chance in a small town. You can always get your Ausbildung in a smaller community and then head to the big city after you get it!

Good luck and I hope you hear some positive news soon!

I do have all the above mentioned. But I got rejected because I did not have my diploma yet from high school. I have said that I will get it soon, but I guess that was a problem in the application, that I was not able to provide them with my diploma.
If you can give me some recommendations to people that I can talk to or to smaller committees that you would recommend me to reach out to. Unfortunately I do not have anyone in Germany I could communicate with. Anything will help honestly.

Oh that makes sense. I would recommend you reach out to the Bundesagentur für Arbeit. I have used their contact form on the webpage and I have asked lots of questions in regards to Ausbildungs and they have always answered me back with great information. They have so much information about work, school, ausbildungs, job searching on their website as well. Down below is the link.

www.arbeitsagentur.de

I know someone, she was able to get Ausbildung and she presented that she is enrolled in B2 deutschkurs. So i think it depends on the language and your high school diploma. Best of luck.

_LauraK._ wrote:

I do have all the above mentioned. But I got rejected because I did not have my diploma yet from high school. I have said that I will get it soon, but I guess that was a problem in the application, that I was not able to provide them with my diploma.
If you can give me some recommendations to people that I can talk to or to smaller committees that you would recommend me to reach out to. Unfortunately I do not have anyone in Germany I could communicate with. Anything will help honestly.

I am a bit confused. First you state that you were rejected without any explanation. Now you state that the problem was that you weren't finished with school yet and thus could not provide a certification of doing so? It would sound only logical to follow up and provide the certification (diploma) once obtained and take it from there.

But it is still not clear what your level of German is? This is critical. A normal nursing training requires one to have a good level of German, likely B2 or just B1 – but one has to know the language. One has to communicate well with co-workers, doctors and patients. And mistakes could cost someone their life. Knowing English and/or other languages is good in addition but not as an alternative to German.

I don't remember offhand where I have seen it but I have come across such programs that accept one with a lower level of German, say A2 and then combines focused language training with the nursing. Of course this takes longer but gives a chance for motivated skilled people that don't have the language level for a standard program. But I imagine it is highly competitive to get into.

On one hand, nursing is a field in high demand where foreigners are recruited. But one should not assume it is easy. The work is demanding and takes a high level of responsibility and competency. And it is honestly underpaid – the underlying reason there is not enough nurses. One can certainly make a living wage but the hours and stress involved don't attract enough people. But rather than raise pay levels the strategy has been to get foreigners.

cpaulson wrote:

Sekundarabschluss (6 years of schooling) or Hauptschulabschluss (5 years of schooling).

Correction: Realschulabschluss (10 years of schooling) or Hauptschulabschluss (9 years of schooling - which is the minimum compulsory schooling in Germany).
Otherwise your post was excellent - Thanks!

I think may be they needed some thing similar practikum in ur country

sylvianakitende34 wrote:

I think may be they needed some thing similar practikum in ur country

The original poster wrote that she is from Palestine which doesn't even have official recognition. Not sure if the West Bank or Gaza strip even have such a facility. So not surprising she would look for other opportunities. But the OP seems not to have a profile on this site anymore.

Hallo i also want to do ausbildung i hv B1 , i studied up to high school deploma 2021 then i did  B1 course , am in Uganda, i hv all the travel documents . i need a visa  , so today i was tryinhg to write a hospital  here in Uganda so they can train me then i go for Ausbildung  in German bu am stuck , i dont know if they will accept cause i dont not hv any experience just finished high school . but i want to experience life in German .  my home environment too is nolonger condunsive for me to stay in. any advice  Cause even accomodation in German is not easy to get ,any help plz

Sylvianakitende: Did you check the entry requirements of the nursing school you want to attend? Normally, they require German C1 as far as I know. They can also help you find out if there are possibilities for cheap accommodation or other financial assistance.
In any case, you need to be accepted by a nursing school before you can apply for the visa.

beppi wrote:

Sylvianakitende: Did you check the entry requirements of the nursing school you want to attend? Normally, they require German C1 as far as I know.
In any case, you need to be accepted by a nursing school before you can apply for the visa.

I have posted about this before, internal  link to the thread below.  Normal requirement is B2, can be B1 in certain regions.

But correct that one has to get acceptance to a program BEFORE getting a visa. And Ausbildung programs are usually a combination of study/work, this gives practical experience but one also earns money while doing it.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =3#5195375

Thanks ,i now hv aclear picture .

@TominStuttgart

Hi can I ask ..

Ausbildung nurse need middle school certificate ,IGCSE is recognize in Germany?

IGCSE is great Britain international school results ..

Thanks
Gyee78: You can check the recognition of forein certificates in the ANABIN database or contact the relevant German authorities. I don't think anyone here knows these things in detail.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced in pursuing your passion for studying nursing in Germany. It's disheartening to receive rejections without clear explanations. The application process can indeed be complex, and cultural differences may play a role.

Firstly, it's essential to ensure that you meet all the requirements for the Ausbildung in Nursing in Germany. This includes language proficiency ([link moderated]), academic qualifications, and possibly other criteria depending on the specific program.

You might want to consider reaching out to educational consultants or organizations that specialize in helping international students navigate the application process in Germany. They can provide valuable insights, guidance on improving your application, and might be aware of specific programs that are more welcoming to international applicants.

Additionally, networking with individuals already studying nursing in Germany or professionals in the healthcare field could offer valuable advice and support. Online forums, social media groups, or connecting with Palestinian communities in Germany might be avenues to explore.

Don't hesitate to contact the admissions offices of the institutions you've applied to and politely inquire about the reasons for the rejections. Understanding the specific areas that need improvement can help you tailor your approach for future applications.

Lastly, perseverance is key. Keep refining your application, seek feedback, and explore different avenues for support. Your passion for the field is commendable, and with the right guidance, you may find the opportunity you're looking for.

Best of luck, and I hope your journey to studying nursing in Germany becomes more positive.