Standard of living in Kuwait

I just got an offer as a contract Administrator from a construction company in Kuwait with the following;

Salary KD 1800/month
Transport allowance KD 100/month
Telephone allowance KD20/month

Accommodation is not included in the above.
Any advice regarding the rent in Kuwait and the suitability of this offer.

Thank you

In addition to the above, how easy is it to switch employer in Kuwait?

hi.. 1800 kd is a good salary to live a luxury life and save money in kuwait.

Hello Tund.

Conerning the accommodation, the Housing in Kuwait section is at your disposal. Do not hesitate to post an advert there. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I mean that's like 1000USD and is that a month? Hmmmm.  I don't know Ma'am.

it is not enough nadu

Hi,

Congratulations on offer. Kuwait has extreme standards of living. A good fully furnished  2bhk will cost 550- 650 KD with deposit/key money etc ( which can set you back by additional 40-100 KWD). Most people live in tiny, unfurnished 1 or 2bhk of 150- 350 KWD ( plus key money. they don't normally ask for deposit). There are few green parks and most of landscape is yellow- hot and dry with dust storms. Expats come to this country to save money. Hence, home living conditions are not really inviting for guests. Buses can be full with no sitting space. Walking to bus stop in the heat is not a good idea. So better to find an accommodation close to bus stop.  Think about what your priorities in life. Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks.

@ Shonabasak > Thank you for your contribution :)

However, this thread is an old one.
Feel free to participate on more active and recent threads.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Hi there, it would depend on how many members will be accompanying you, spouse and/or kids. Additionally, what area? Do you want to be closer to work or a better residential area?

In a good residential area you would be renting an apartment within a house -these are usually luxury apartments for a 3bd minimum 500-900KWD.

On a more economical side, in areas like Hawally or Farwaniya and you can pay 250-500KWD for a 2bd where the area isn't as polished.

If you need more help please reach out via direct message.