Need Help Plz

Dear ALL ...

I am Jordanian and I got awork offer to work for HP company in Abu Dhabi and I have to move out on 15th of July , I have no body down there and I dont know anything about UAE life , I have to find my own accommodation and I really need help .Does anyone know any small studio or flat for rent but with reasonable price? also it would be great if it's in Mohammed bin Zaed city.  Moreover, need your tips about living in Abu dhabi is it expensive for single guy like me ? does the water and electricity bill expensive ?

your help is highly appreciated

Cheers

Hello, I don't know of any apartment myself, but you can check a variety of postings on Dubizzle. They have properties for rent. Another possibility is to rent a hotel room for your first days, and go apartment hunting afterwards. There are a lot of ads in the street in downtown for rooms in apartments that are shared by various people.
Additionally I invite you to check my blog (see in my profile) where I post some advice on home furnishing etc.
I haven't been living in the UAE for long enough to be able to tell you how expensive electricity and water bills are, unfortunately :(
Obviously, moving abroad is always expensive. I don't know how much your new job is going to pay, but usually paychecks in the UAE are pretty attractive. Paying for your move expenses (usually with your savings) is expensive, but it's an investment you make on your career!

Thanks Nina for the information would it possible to tell me what is Dubizzle and how i can get into your blog ?

thanks

Oh sure! :)
Dubizzle.com is the leading website for classified ads in the UAE. They have ads for apartments, furniture, cars, you name it. Maybe you can find people looking for roommates there.
My blog is at this adress : abudhabiexpat.blogspot.com
So far I have very few posts, but plan to post more during the week. Regardless, for now your focus in on finding a place to sleep when you arrive!

Hi ...

Rent in Abu Dhabi is very expensivce .... u can rent one bedroom falt with min AED 40 K PER YEAR

if u want u can have a shared accomodation but these days I think regulation will not allow u since u need to have a private accomodation and contract must be in ur name to have valid visa.

They are issuing a law about needing to have a lease contract(attested by municipality) to be able to get the visa. However I'm not sure this law is enforced yet. I arrived a month ago and the lease contract is apparently not required.

Hmmmmmmmmmm just rennewed the visa for the housemaid and they requested the attested rental contract in addition to water and elect bill ... it is already enforced and rents increasing day by day .................. god help those ppl with low salaries ...

Wow, in that case you're right, HandsomeMe.
Living here can be difficult for a lot of people, we need to help them.
asammarie, anything interesting on Dubizzle? Did you officially commit to the job with HP?

Could please someone telling me how the way they pay for rent ?

Is it annual rent or monthly rent ? I hear from some blogs they only take annual rent with 3 or 2 cheques , is it right ? and is it possible to get a studio or sharing house with monthly rent ????
need help in this issue plz