Anyone living in Al Reef ?

Dear Friends

We are planning to move to Abu Dhabi soon and thinking of renting an apartment in Al Reef.

Appreciate if any members can share some details about Al Reef as a place to live and socialize.

Thanks

ame

We also are moving to UAE for a job in Abu Dhabi.  After looking at the range of apartments, think we will live in Dubai.  The apartments are less expensive and the square feet is very good. The one's we are looking at are in the FoxHill6 apartment complex. Some have washer/dyers, stove and frig too.  Very large for the money.  I know, the drive is long but looking at the cost to live there, it is worth the drive.  My new company is giving us a housing allowance and if you find a place that is low cost, then money in your pocket for other things you need.  And, I think Dubai has more to offer a family too.  Everyone has to weigh their own likes and dislikes!  But, think the value is important due to the high cost of living.  I was considering Al Reef myself due to the close driving distance to my work at the airport, but do you sacrifice convience for money in your pocket?  Think about it.   Good luck! When we get there, we will travel to Dubai to look but will also look in Abu Dhabi, just to make sure.

Forgot to give you a website that I think is pretty good, www.bhomes.com   You can look at apartments or villas in Abu Dhabi and Dubai and compare prices and sizes.  Like I said, if you are given a housing allowance then you want to get the best place for you and have extra money in your pocket for our things.  Bye.

Hey Fuelman

I suppose we have the same questions..waiting for residents to answer.

All the best to you.

Al Reef is one of the newer areas of AD and on the edge of town. Its good value and I know people who rent there happily and even a couple who have bought villas that. 

The main problem with Al Reef at the moment is the lack of facilities in the immediate area.  Things are improving all the time as developments in mearby places by Al Raha take off.  There are also good road links to get into both AD and DXB.

I'd be very cautious about committing to living in DXB and taking on the commute to AD.  I would strongly recommend staying in DXB for perhaps a month (there are plenty of serviced apartments in places like Al Barsha) and trying the commute.  I did it for 6 months before relocating to AD and absolutely hated it.  Yes you save money living in DXB but the commute makes like hell IMO.

If you work regular hours then the traffic heading out of DXB in the morning and back in the evening is very heavy.  There are accidents most days and its a very stressful drive.  Don't even consider living anywhere further into DXB than Dubai Marina as things will get much worse traffic wise.

Hello sergeiAD

Thank you for the valuable inputs.

Regards

ame