Housemaid salary

We have just moved to AD from Al Ain, we have a new maid who does not require a visa but will live in. We will pay air fare, medical etc but what is the average salary for such a maid in AD?

Gillian A

from where is ur maidhouse? if she was from bangladish like ours  she's salary will be just 600DH pair mounth but if she was from ather place like philipen theen as i think u hv to pay maybe 1000 DH
but u can ask the offic that u bring from it the maidhouse and they will tell u how much u hv to pay for her ^^

Make sure you get the copy of the maid's passport
In the case of  problem with the maid you can not complain to police  because here work for you is  Not a legal and there is a Fine ( 50.000 AED ) Stay safe and go for offic the salary will be Indonesia's salary without experience = 600 AED per month
Indonesian salary with experience = 700 AED per month
Philippine salary = 700 AED per month
Ethiopian salary without experience = 500 AED per month
Ethiopian salary with experience = 600 AED per month

Indonesian maid = 5600 AED

Filipina maid = AED 700 to AED 4200 salary for the month of the total (4900 AED)

Ethiopian maid without experience AED 1100 =
Ethiopian maid with experience = 2000 AED
Ethiopian maid without experience AED = 800
Ethiopian maid with experience = 1300 AED

clearly the figures offered as a guide here are pitiful. have some conscious and pay a fair wage for a fair day's work that is devoid of this nationality discrimination and paying clearly poor and desperate human beings a pittance.  Treat others as you would want to be treated, this amounts to modern day slavery.  Take a stand and do the right thing not the cheap and nasty thing.  Pay your help staff a fair wage they can actually live on.

fellow human being

:(i strongley agree with you,i felt so sad to read the above.....600aed....i have only been here a few weeks but i have been so disturbed to see how people are treated and discriminated here,i was brought up in uk where everyone is treated fairly,everyone is equal,i am a muslim this is not what my religion or any religion teaches and i thought i was in a muslim country!!!!i miss uk.

yes i agree with that comment. it's all relative however right? i mean you compare it to the UK, but then again compare it to India and the life they come from?  they will be thanking you. i know morally it is a tough balance to strike but such is life...

i apologize to all
I did not mean to insult or disparage anyone or any nationality
We are all human beings
These are some of the offers I read and found  published in the Arabic-language daily newspapers

If u haven't noticed or found out yet the UAE asks everyone about their nationality and it is quite common to see them list jobs stating nationals only, Hindi only etc  it is just the nature of the beast. It's not the west. I was asked during an interview if I was pregnant and if so they wouldn't hire me until I had my baby. I agree their should be fair wages for housemaids.

b00q wrote:

Make sure you get the copy of the maid's passport
In the case of  problem with the maid you can not complain to police  because here work for you is  Not a legal and there is a Fine ( 50.000 AED ) Stay safe and go for offic the salary will be Indonesia's salary without experience = 600 AED per month
Indonesian salary with experience = 700 AED per month
Philippine salary = 700 AED per month
Ethiopian salary without experience = 500 AED per month
Ethiopian salary with experience = 600 AED per month

Indonesian maid = 5600 AED

Filipina maid = AED 700 to AED 4200 salary for the month of the total (4900 AED)

Ethiopian maid without experience AED 1100 =
Ethiopian maid with experience = 2000 AED
Ethiopian maid without experience AED = 800
Ethiopian maid with experience = 1300 AED

This is all useful, but very confusing! There are some monthly wages here which are 5x the others

Hi, Most expats pay 1300 plus for housemaids. It depends on if they live in or not but as rents are high, usually they pay around 600-800 for their space in a shared room so salaries are closer to 2000. Again this is the expat westernish community. As mentioned this may seem a lot to some but not others. Try comparing what you would pay at home for the same job and most importantly whether this person is going to be caring for your children or not. Give a salary they deserve. At the end of the day we are all trying to make a living.

I NEED URGENTLY A HOUSE MAID FULL TIME ,  I HAVE 2 CHILDREN AND I WILL START JOB SOON,CAN U RECOMEND ME ONE ?? I M OFFERING GOOD SALARY .

SOMEBODY FROM FRANCE ??

Pity indeed. Being maid is a hardship job. Many are here treated as slave of the whole family (from the young to the older...) Seen in my eyes… the richer the family narrow is the mind....pity