I am British, Awaiting Offer in Jeddah, Expected Salary?

I was interviewed for a Job in 5 Star Hotel while I was in Saudi Arabia and straight after interview they confirm to me verbally that they liked me and there will be a definitely job for me in their hotel in some sort of supervisory/management capacity.

I was interviewed over 5 weeks ago and every time I contact them they only tell me this statement " You definitely have a Job with us and you will hear from us VERY SOON " but so far they have not confirmed Type of Role, Salary & benefits package. I have since heard rumour that they might have applied for VISA and awaiting VISA to come through before they can make me a formal offer with package.

Now I have following questions:

Is this normal for an International Company to say like they said as above?
Why they have not told me about Role & Package details?
Is this nomal for them first to wait for VISA & Then Make me an Offer Officially?
Does any one know how much I should expect in salary and a package?
I am British with Master's Degree from UK and Experience, How much I should expect?
How long does this process takes?

Please please get in touch ([email protected])

I am a medic working in UK. Had a interview for a consultant post in King Fahd Medical City end of January 2012. The recruitment process is still going on at a very slow pace. So my personal experience things happen at a very slow pace in Saudia.Can't guide you about salary.

It is very possible that they are waiting for approval before making formal offer as all companies are only allowed to have a certain % of workers that are expat - it is part of the new "saudization" requirements. That means if they already have a high % they may find it difficult to get you a visa/iquama. Also, it is always possible that they don't have all the permits etc that they need to hire you! It could take a while - for my husband 6mths from offer to actually being in the country - but for others not so long. Salary - when they offer it consider it and all the other conditions in relation to your current position. Many of the blogs have information about cost of living etc for you to use as a guide to make your decision.

Salary? Impossible to say as you don't know what position you were interviewed for and what position is being offered. I wouldn't hold your breath.