Working on a Business Visa instead of a work permit/iqama?

My company wants me to work in Saudi on a Business visa, that needs to be re-applied for every 90 days, because it takes too long to get an Iqama for the project they are working on.  I was wondering if anyone else has done this? 
If you don't have an Iqama/work residency permit, then do you have to pay income tax back to your home country?? (They are selling the job to people as being a tax free salary)

You're smart to be careful with this 'tax free' business.  They say this regarding being taxed in Saudia--doesn't necessarily apply to your home country.

All I know is that in the USA, if you make over a certain amount (I think it's like $90,000-ish) you have to pay tax in the US.

With the Canadian government it's kind of a grey area.
It's about whether you have severed your "tax residency" (not citizenship), basically in the government's eyes do you look like you plan to return to Canada (i.e. have a house, bank account, dependants back in Canada).  No one thing really determines it.

Alliecat wrote:

You're smart to be careful with this 'tax free' business.  They say this regarding being taxed in Saudia--doesn't necessarily apply to your home country.

All I know is that in the USA, if you make over a certain amount (I think it's like $90,000-ish) you have to pay tax in the US.

The other thing to bear in mind is that you won't be able to get a bank account without an iqama. My Husband was here for the first six months on a business visa and we had to do everything in cash, including sending money home.
Your stay in the country would be for 30days then you have to leave the country (most go to Bahrain)to get a stamp on your passport. The other way is that your company may have a way to get your passport stamped as though you had left the country. Sorry if that sounds confusing but it is how it works.

What line of work would you be in?

Whatever you decide, Good luck

I'm of the understanding that in the UK if you spend 200 something days out of country you don't need to pay any tax. If you own a property you would still have to pay on that but you would be exempt from paying national insurance and earnings tax

Why not phone your government systems to try and get a straight answer. From your text it looks like you have only looked online