New I.D. card rules

Don't know if its changed!

No I had nothing until this email saturday asking for more bank statements

I had an email asking for more info, which I replied to clarify what they wanted, and she emailed back apologising saying she had what she needed and was processing my application, and I could collect the interim certificate

Okay, thankyou social, hope it all goes well for you now and you get your card soon.

i started to collect papers  but I'm unsure of some

it says:
Permanent Residence Scheme (Certificate by the Commissioner for Inland Revenue) - CEA Form S

I need to go somewhere and ask to be granted this residence or what? given the fact that I'm only 30 days on the island but will stay for several years

also:

I'm a EU citizen, married with kids (jut me is on the island for now),  have a job and rental agreement. I'm still waiting for my work permit so i dont have SSC yet.

I downloaded and filled in this:

Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A
Each applicant must also fill up form ID 1A
Form ID 2 - Image Capture Application Form

Besides photos, do I need anything else? Like birth certificate, marriage certificates...

I hate bureaucracy

It's the e residence you wan to be applying for, you have three months to apply

I didn't send mine in until I had been here nearly 3 months

To update on mine, I had an email, the interim certificate is a temporary card valid  until the actual one is issued, so I guess it means I'm ok on utilities and buses (ignoring staff awareness issues :-) )

socialwhirl wrote:

To update on mine, I had an email, the interim certificate is a temporary card valid  until the actual one is issued, so I guess it means I'm ok on utilities and buses (ignoring staff awareness issues :-) )

just be prepared to argue with bus drivers and inspectors - as my friend has had to do several times with just the temp certificates.

Don't use them much to be honest :-)

They seem to be doing this in fairly random order then, because the only thing I've had is a form email confirming receipt of application, and I applied in May.

Is yours a renewal applicaton pgl or are you a first time applicant?  I am just wondering if its only the people who are applying for the first time that need to pick up a temp certificate as they dont already have id cards, because our application is a renewal and we have only received an acknowledgement email but it does say within that email that we will be receiving personalised letters when our cards are ready, it mentions nothing about a temp receipt, just a thought!

rainbow3 wrote:

Is yours a renewal applicaton pgl or are you a first time applicant?  I am just wondering if its only the people who are applying for the first time that need to pick up a temp certificate as they dont already have id cards, because our application is a renewal and we have only received an acknowledgement email but it does say within that email that we will be receiving personalised letters when our cards are ready, it mentions nothing about a temp receipt, just a thought!

that sounds very likely.

rainbow3 wrote:

Is yours a renewal applicaton pgl or are you a first time applicant?

First time applicant! Got here in May, applied after a couple of weeks.

I actually emailed them before I arrived, and an appointment was set up for me on October 3rd (I remember naively laughing at the time...). I've received confirmation of receipt of my application, so now I'm not sure whether I should bother going on Thursday or not. I don't think it would do much good to be honest - I went earlier and they just turned me away, told me to apply by post.

Oh well, thats that theory out the window then, if the appointment on Oct 3rd was to submit your application then there will be no point attending if you have already sent a postal application, we also had an appointment booked but sent a letter with our postal application cancelling it.

Evans Building

ps are you an EU citizen ? if so, you can apply by post

its definitely at the evans building now....

As people are often asking about length of time for cards would update you on ours. On 29th May handed in both lots of forms at old building, on 29 August got email stating application received and being processed. Today received letter saying ready to pick up but only mine not other half's!!!:) going away for few days so when back may have his letter, well you never know!

It seems that Fridays are for Refugee's only??! My mum has been turned away as it's Friday'

coxf0001 wrote:

It seems that Fridays are for Refugee's only??! My mum has been turned away as it's Friday'

Correct

Friday has always been for immigrants, asylum seekers and failed asylum seekers.

Never knew that...I'm guessing that is since the e-residency as I'm sure it use to be open everyday for your id card?

yes when i say always - i meant since january 15th 2013

Latest updates from Evans Building:

For EU citizens, nothing was changed, you are still going to the waiting room on the left side and are trying to organize the queue. It's a usual mess without any tickets etc, so enter the room and find who is the last one.

For non-EU citizens, there is NO MORE APPOINTMENTS as from today. Everybody will be served on the 'first come first served' basis. I was trying to get an appointment for January 2014 and the beautiful woman on the reception just repeated it again for everybody: no more appointments, for any future dates. If you want to be served, come very early (5.30-6.00 not later) and arrange the list for non-EU. First 25 persons a day will get the tickets and can apply.

I thought they stopped giving appointments (for both EU and non-EU) a couple of months ago - thats what their FAQ has been saying

In the FAQ - yes, it was mentioned, but in fact they issued the appointments until today (even today some people received the last appointments on Thursday).

And if for EU there is no problem with it - you just come and wait, for non-EU there is no other way except of 'early bird' queuing :)

Spiridonov wrote:

If you want to be served, come very early (5.30-6.00 not later)

so if you live in Gozo, you have to get up before you go to bed

georgeingozo wrote:
Spiridonov wrote:

If you want to be served, come very early (5.30-6.00 not later)

so if you live in Gozo, you have to get up before you go to bed

Not quite :) just go to the office in Rabat.

non-EU can't apply in Gozo (plus heard rumours Gozo office might be closing, or more accurately, not officially opening as planned at the end of this month)

georgeingozo wrote:

non-EU can't apply in Gozo (plus heard rumours Gozo office might be closing, or more accurately, not officially opening as planned at the end of this month)

I beg your pardon, I didn't know that. I wonder why not?

non-EU need biometric info for their cards, and the only machine is in Valletta

georgeingozo wrote:

non-EU need biometric info for their cards, and the only machine is in Valletta

Yes, but they have 6 machines in Evans Building - Gozo can borrow one :)

By the way, due to this bio-metric info, we should apply every year with all our family even for renewal. Before I just brought photos and signed application forms for all family, now they want us all together in front of the camera :(

Just to update. Yesterday I was in the Evans Building with the copies of flight tickets, and beautiful lady promised me to make the cards in 1 day.

Today morning we received the cards, all my family.

They really improved the process :)

collected or sent to you by post?

Collected, of course.

NOTE it would seem to be a good idea to check the details on the new e-residency cards when you collect it - as some people have reportedly found that the old id card number quoted on the back has been incorrect and the process had to be started all over again. OIM.

I wonder why the card couldnt have just been re printed whilst the person was there, surely they could have just done that there and then, shouldnt take long.  But maybe that's being too logical :D

rainbow3 wrote:

I wonder why the card couldnt have just been re printed whilst the person was there, surely they could have just done that there and then, shouldnt take long.  But maybe that's being too logical :D

I did wonder that too - I thought they printed them there anyway

They do as far as I am aware, my husband had a mistake on his old id card when we went to pick it up last year and they just re printed it and gave us another one straight away.

hmm sounds like this recent occurance may be a little suspicious - or maybe not!!!!

aha that was the old card though not the new ones.!!!!

Yep the old card, we are still waiting for the new ones