New I.D. card rules

mayham wrote:

I was told by The Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs that the papers (set of copies to be submitted to them, and originals to verify) had to be submitted in person, which meant that my Maltese husband had to accompany me and present his ID and passport in person. So I don't know whether they will accept your application if presented by your Notary... then again, if your Notary is related to/knows someone in the department... ;)

Postal submissions, duly certified are accepted.

redmik wrote:
mayham wrote:

I was told by The Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs that the papers (set of copies to be submitted to them, and originals to verify) had to be submitted in person, which meant that my Maltese husband had to accompany me and present his ID and passport in person. So I don't know whether they will accept your application if presented by your Notary... then again, if your Notary is related to/knows someone in the department... ;)

not for non EU, and, I believe, not for spouse of Maltese citizen

georgeingozo wrote:
redmik wrote:
mayham wrote:

not for non EU, and, I believe, not for spouse of Maltese citizen

Yes George, my reply was in the context of my case.

As George says, and i have heard of this in several cases, the EU or non- EU partner of a Maltese citizen does not have the same rights as laid down in the 'Freedom of Movement Act' as the Maltese citizen has not actually 'moved' but is and was resident of Malta.

In these cases the regulations are different and subject only to Maltese law.

This means appearing in person - especially if the partner is non-EU.

Cheers
Ricky

fyi for everybody

galao wrote:

fyi for everybody

Thank you! :) Most helpful.

:) at Red

Hello everyone,

I'm Italian, but I live in England. I will arrive in Malta the 31st August. I don't have a job there at the moment and I would like to know if it's better to ask for the Residence Permit as soon as I arrive or waiting to have a job contract. Is there any difference?

Thanks.

if you dont have a job and thus no income then you will need to provide evidence to show that you can support yourself with out state aid.

it seems that the A4 temp certs are still being issued contrary to popular belief - in cases of personal visits and urgent needs.

How can I prove I don't need help? I mean, I have a couple of bank accounts and I wanted to bring cash with me, but I don't think I can show all my cash! :D Even if it's enough to live for the first 6 months.

La_Vale wrote:

How can I prove I don't need help? I mean, I have a couple of bank accounts and I wanted to bring cash with me, but I don't think I can show all my cash! :D Even if it's enough to live for the first 6 months.

you need to show sufficient income or capital in a bank account somewhere in the world - its about € 6000 equiv of income or about € 20000 of capital

you also have to show you have health cover

"capital of at least €14,000 or a weekly income of €84.95 or, in the case of a married couple, a capital of €23,300 or a weekly income of €93.10."

Just to update everyone with the situation in Castillia etc

1. If you need your new residence card urgently - go to Castillia at the early morning, take a ticket to room 5 and explain your situation to the beautiful woman at the first table.
2. When they arrange the date of the card issuance - go to the Evans building (where ID cards were issued before) at the early morning and establish the queue in the tent outside the entrance. There is no tickets or other normal queuing system, so be a leader :)
3. If you want to apply for the residence card - I have bad news for you :( Unless you have already had an appointment, you should be in the first 15 persons in the morning to receive the ticket to room 6
4. The worst thing - from next week they are going to move to Evans building. As from the rumors - you can forget about new application for the next month (it will be the total mess...)

We've received our card today, thanks god.

situation normal then.....

Ok, I see. Thanks to everyone.

We have applied for the e-residence card and are in possession of our receipts that show we have submitted everything.
On the receipts (the blue/green documents) there is a number in the upper-right hand corner. It consists of 7 numbers and the letter A at the end. Will this be our ID card number when the cards are finally issued?

yes

so still (A)liens then!!!!!

What happens when you loose your blue residency card application?

- Go to the Police and file a report and then with that copy of the report you can get your card. Dont bother to go to the Department directly you will just waist time.

hello everybody if i want to move from my country to malta in this case what process for id card of malta
i am waiting for any suggestion

You found this thread so I suggest you read it.
And what is your country? Nepal or Portugal?

from nepal

directly apply from my home country nepal it is possible
like canada

Nepal is nothing like Canada!
I also thought you wanted to know about Portugal.
If you are genuine I have a friend, here in Malta, who is also from Kathmandu. Perhaps I can out you in touch with each other?
Are you seeking to work?
Are you seeking to retire?
Introduce your circumstances, help us to help you.

Hi shishirpaudyal,

welcome to the forum.

I think I can presume that you are looking for work? Maybe as a chef as most Nepalese on the forum have been working as chefs.

Check out the relevant threads (work,visa,cost of living). Just about everything you need to know is already there.

If my presumption of work is correct you will have to find an employer in Malta willing to apply for a work permit on your behalf.There is nothing else you yourself can do.

With a work permit you can apply for a visa in Nepal to be able to enter Malta. So no work permit, no visa!

You should take up Redmik's offer if you really want to move to Malta. His friend will know how to make it work and might have the right contacts.

The more info you give the easier it is for us to give you advice.

Cheers
ricky

ok i will do

is this article extracted today from ToM yet another unannounced change to the process.

"On August 1, I travelled from Gozo to the Department of Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs at Castille Place, Valletta, to keep an appointment made in January regarding our applications to obtain the new e-residence document.
My wife and I were greeted by the usual chaotic scene on the second floor, which resembles a cattle market as opposed to a government office. The security aspect of this is alarming and if there ever were to be a serious fire there, then God help the people inside.
However, much to our surprise, we were seen promptly and dealt with efficiently and quickly by a male member of staff who was pleasant and well mannered. We were then told we had to return to pick up our temporary permits from Evans Building on September 9 and our proper cards would then have to be collected from the same office some two months after that. When I queried this I was told that it was a new system.

I am sure that I have read in Times of Malta that the Government was going to sort out the fiasco of this system. It appears that all they have done is added an extra trip for people to make from Gozo to Valletta, now three trips in all, to become holders of their new e-residence document, or two trips if they make a postal application. This will undoubtedly lead to stress and difficulty for a lot of people.

If it is possible to arrange a temporary permit within six weeks then I fail to understand why the proper document can't be processed in the same length of time. And whatever happened to the office that was going to open in Gozo

Nobody in government seems to be able to grasp what a fiasco this is"

Hmm your guess is as good as mine - another chapter in the book of e-Residency

Hi all,

an another point that I've been wondering about is the fact that per Legal Notice the ID card validity was extended to 30 th November 2013.

But our actual present residency certificate expired as of 30 th June 2013 and was not extended. So I would think that we are all illegal residents at the moment !

Are there any thoughts about this ? It specifically effects non EU's more than EU citizens , of course.

Very strange !

Cheers
Ricky

It makes one wonder (as an EU  non working resident) 'why bother'?

Collecting temporary cards - that is farcical.

Even the resident Maltese friends I speak with complain of the total lack of leadership and the multiple layers of bureaucracy, designed to prevent rather than enable.

We all still love it here though.

redmik wrote:

It makes one wonder (as an EU  non working resident) 'why bother'?

Collecting temporary cards - that is farcical.

Even the resident Maltese friends I speak with complain of the total lack of leadership and the multiple layers of bureaucracy, designed to prevent rather than enable.

We all still love it here though.

i sometimes wonder!!!!!

Hi everyone,
does anyone knows which form do we have to fill in to apply for ID? I am European, my husband is Brazilian, but he has a 5 years visa, as EU family member, what he got in Ireland.
We were in Valletta, where they told us, to send all documents by post, we dont have to go there to apply, ( anyway they are closed now, because they are moving.)
Thanks

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=271064

emese78 wrote:

Hi everyone,
does anyone knows which form do we have to fill in to apply for ID? I am European, my husband is Brazilian, but he has a 5 years visa, as EU family member, what he got in Ireland.
We were in Valletta, where they told us, to send all documents by post, we dont have to go there to apply, ( anyway they are closed now, because they are moving.)
Thanks

you - one of
Economic Self Sufficiency- CEA Form J
Study- CEA Form M
Employment/Self Employment- CEA Form A

your husband - family member of an EU citizen
Family Members - CEA Form F

plus ID1A and ID2 for both, and for you the electoral form

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … dence.aspx

blessingnice wrote:

Hello
How are you doing ,my name is bless ,i really have interest,in your profile,can you contact through my email address at (blessingdayda@hotmail.com),so that we can know,each other very well,because,my time now is off,Hoping to Hear from you
soonest
blessingdayda@hotmail.com

:D:whistle:

ah bless!!!!!

You remember her then? I wouldn't 'cos last time she was in disguise ;)

georgeingozo wrote:

plus ID1A and ID2 for both, and for you the electoral form

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … dence.aspx

George where can I find a form ID2 to download? I've been searching on the MHAS site but it is not available and a search does not produce a result.
Thanks

Since my application in early May, I'm now the owner of a
"Residence card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen (Art 10 - Dir 2004/38)". Being a TCN I apparently now no longer need to obtain a Schengen visa. A day to celebrate!!

biddy wrote:

Since my application in early May, I'm now the owner of a
"Residence card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen (Art 10 - Dir 2004/38)". Being a TCN I apparently now no longer need to obtain a Schengen visa. A day to celebrate!!

:top::cheers: