New I.D. card rules

mariana mirela wrote:

So I have the blue paper, but I still didn't receive the  letter to go for the ID card. How long do I have to wait for it?

Your blue paper, with you photo on it, is a temporary ID, while your card is printed, so use it as your ID whenever you have to.
The accompanying letter should state that.
Mine is accepted when I use it.

The only thing is it will not have your date of birth on it, so use your passport if you need to prove your date of birth at any time.
I did when applying for green payment card for Sched V medicine payments.

georgeingozo wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

64000 dollar question that one mariana mirela

you forgot inflation - its € 650,000 to buy citizenship now

lol true and do i get the right to charge more for every service i offer in my business....

georgeingozo wrote:
toonarmy9752 wrote:

64000 dollar question that one mariana mirela

you forgot inflation - its € 650,000 to buy citizenship now

:D

sorry, what is this 64000 dollar?

Thank you

mariana mirela wrote:

sorry, what is this 64000 dollar?

It's a joke or what we call a euphemism when someone says that's the $64000 question it means that is a difficult or impossible question to answer.

not necessarily difficult to answer, but the final question leading to the big prize

georgeingozo wrote:

not necessarily difficult to answer, but the final question leading to the big prize

Yes George. That was its derivation from The $64,000 Question, an American game show broadcast from 1955–1958.

In common usage it is what I said.

Depends what one is competing in and at what level.
Every answer is easy when one knows what it is.

redmik wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

Yes George. That was its derivation from The $64,000 Question, an American game show broadcast from 1955–1958.

were you a contestant ?

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/filestorage/not-making-any-age-birthday-ecard-someecards.jpg

:-)

just wondering if you appeared on the same show as me

"Every answer is easy when one knows what it is."

another game show expression but a little more recent - millionaire.

" you get nothing in this game for two in a bed "

Another game show saying,

I think it was the X factor. :whistle:

id say three in a bed was equivalent to a bullseye... lol

Anyone here with the new ID card went through the process of an address change yet? And how difficult it was of course?

popro, have you?  I got my card about a month or two ago and have now moved.  I shudder to think about what all needs to be done.  You have no idea.

No I have not done that yet. But I will have to do it in a couple of months. If it becomes too complicated I think I will just leave it redirect my mail to a new address. Maltapost does that for free the first year. Just waiting to see if somebody else has gone through an address change already.

I'm currently a resident of Malta through my employer. I'm newly married and want to get her residency as well. Does anyone know if this is possible and, if so, how would I start the process?

what is your and her nationality ?

USA

Hi xorbah,

it is possible but subject to conditions and she will not be allowed to work in Malta.

Check this link to see what applies in your case:

http://mhas.gov.mt/en/MHAS-Information/ … 014%29.pdf

Cheers
Ricky

Thank you, Ricky for the link.

Joining this conversation very late BUT, I am about to apply to renew my Maltese ID card. I am english. I have lived her six years. WHERE DO I GO? Evans building or Blata l-Bajda?

You can no longer apply for an ID card as they are no longer issued to foreigners. You apply for an eResidence card now - this replaces the ID card and Residence card you should already have had as a resident.

Evans Building is the place for eResidence card applications

Evans Building is the place for eResidence card applications

And change of address?????

Yes.

unless you reside in Gozo

georgeingozo wrote:

unless you reside in Gozo

Quite right, of course George. Biddy asked and lives on the mainland but for completeness ; on Gozo the E-ID Card Office is off St Francis Square, Rabat (Victoria)

I love that word - mainland!!

Hi Friends ,
                    i am student from india, applied for Ph.D. in computer science under University of Malta. i wanted to know that , how much time it takes to issue letter of acceptance ? i already given interview taken by university of Malta. Please reply me , i am feeling restless by thing about the acceptance letter. Hope any one will reply ....... :nothappy:

Hi ,
       any one please tell me , what is the estimated monthly expenses in malta?

bhushanpawar wrote:

Hi ,
       any one please tell me , what is the estimated monthly expenses in malta?

Please look at previous posts using search as this question has been asked many times before.

bhushanpawar wrote:

Hi Friends ,
                    i am student from india, applied for Ph.D. in computer science under University of Malta. i wanted to know that , how much time it takes to issue letter of acceptance ? i already given interview taken by university of Malta. Please reply me , i am feeling restless by thing about the acceptance letter. Hope any one will reply ....... :nothappy:

This topic is about residence cards, you should either post n the correct one or start another.

bhushanpawar wrote:

Hi Friends ,

First you have posted on a topic from 2013 about ID card rules, so out of date and wrong topic!

The only people who can answer your question are the staff at Malta University!  Any other answers will only be guesswork even if based on an individuals own experience.

Ray

O sorry , my apologies , I'm so confused that I can't even read the title.