NOC vs. Commercial Visa???

Hi Everyone,

I really need help with my Kuwait Visa situation. I received my NOC but with the wrong Nationality on it (I was super upset - I still cannot believe it. I wish I could read Arabic). The Embassy told me it should take a couple of days for my employee to correct the problem if I send it ASAP back to them. I immediately contacted them and DHLed it over to them.

3 Weeks later (aka a couple of days), I received an email from the HR Manager saying that they are expecting my NOC anytime from now :-) I was super excited! Well not until I received a call from another person in the HR team, on the same day I got the email, saying that they will send me a commercial visa instead of the NOC, as it is not ready (My face looked like a question mark - I was so confused, I actually still am).

I now have the Commercial Visa but it is valid for 1 month?! PLUS my name was misspelled :-( another error!

My question now is....
1. Is the commercial Visa void as my name has been spelled -  Surinna instead of Surianna? (Please, someone says something positive)
2. Can I actually work with a commercial Visa?
3. What would happen after the 1 month is over as a commercial Visa cannot be changed into a resident permit/work visa since October 2011.

Please please help me clear all those questionmarks in my head.

xxx
Suri

You can work with a commercial visa but your company needs to renew it every month I think and sometimes you would have to exit the country (just like one of my friends) but again would depend on your company. You just have to remember that working in Kuwait would entail you to have a valid VISA 18 for the private sector and the min stay you can have would be 1 year.

Surianna, you worry too much :D

firstly, with the misspelling, so long as the other info is correct like passport number etc. it shouldnt cause much havoc, after all, there are checks and counter checks for everything, u need only check with our ISC/Far East friends to find out how names are more often than not misspelled.

second; u can be here for all this simultaneously as it is getting done. like duresprit said.

u can get a visa on arrival, valid for 3 months and work on ur permanent visa with that. it will only take u a trip to a nearby country (i.e. an exit stamp on ur passport from kuwait) to finalize.

in the end, the red tape in the government sector is the same all over the world. the wheels in those places move at the slowest pace, ur best bet is to enjoy the scenery and chill out whilst everything is sorted out.

seeing as how ur company's mandoub is handling the situation, there is further no need for worry. im sure u must be anxious about starting a new chapter in ur life, which is understandable, but as Baz Luhrman said - worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum

Dont worry, be happy :D everything will work out