Just got an offer on my house in the UK...it has all become real now

Well our house has been on the market in the UK for a week as of today. We had our first viewing yesterday and lo and behold we have an offer today of only one thousand shy of what we had hoped for. We have until Monday to accept or reject it as we have another viewer tomorrow. However, it has made the move very real as I am now researching like a mad woman. My main problem is that the woman wants to move in on Feb 25th so it is really quick and that unfortunately poses big problems for us. The main one is I am now back at work after my maternity leave and I now have to hand in four weeks notice which makes it difficult to organise everything I need to get done!!!

So I was wondering if you all could help me out and let me know of things I really need to get organised.

I have a list so far:

Shipping (Any recommendations of movers you have used?)
Housing (Recommendations for Estate Agents for rentals?)I came across Dhalia letting which seem to have some really nice apartments but I have never heard of them...
Health Cover (Again recommendations)
Banking (Could I open an account here, i.e. HSBC etc?

I ideally would like to have an apartment to move into for when we get there, looking for a 6 month rental initially.

I am so stressed right now as although I am over the moon to receive an offer so quickly, I am somewhat shellshocked as I didn't think things would be moving so fast.

Any help or guidance you could offer would be great.

Ship your stuff = go into a hotel for a few days - thats all it will take to find your first apartment - BTW most apartments are furnished - unfurnished is more difficult -but they are about - more likely to find an unfurnished maisonette or house - we did this and it worked a treat for us - agents are expensive  - on first day ask around the pubs bars cafes and restaurants for accom - you can easily save a 300-500 euros by doing this....i know of some nice apartments in mellieha and some are available. it all depends on where you wish to start out. If you have a UK HSBC account go to them and ask them to open your account in malta for you, we did this too - cards accounts the lot sorted on arrival off to bank branch and collect. Gasanmamo do aheatlth insurance google them and ask for a quote i found them quite cheap.

I agree with toon.

With the real estate agents you can find good and bad ones , it all depends on the actual person you are working with. He/she will choose and show you around properties which are the same ones that the other agencies will suggest!

But don't do it in advance and my advice would be not to bring furniture as it will limit your choice a lot trying to find unfurnished properties. 95 % or more are furnished and moving around with furniture until you find the right place will get expensive.

My advice is also : Do not consider buying a place in Malta at the moment and until you have been here for some time. I know too many people who are unable to sell their places here in Malta for a decent price.

Or otherwise have it stored in the UK until you find a place in Malta.

You can get very reasonable hotel accomodation at the moment until you find a place.

I have private health insurance through GasanMamo too just for emergency treatment.The yearly fee is reasonable. When you find work in Malta you will be insured through your work by paying national insurance contributions.The UK also have a so-called reciprocal health agreement which should cover you at the beginning too.

I wish you luck with the house sale and that all goes through well.

Cheers
Ricky