Italian in Abu Dhabi

Hi everyone!
I'm an italian girl of 26. I live near Modena (in the north of Italy) and I work in a museum.
I want to expatriate in Abu Dhabi, but I don't know so much about the life in this city.
My company doesn't have a branch in Adu Dhabi, so if I had to come there I have to dimiss me and change company. So it's a difficult choise!
Could you plase help me to make this decision? :D

I would like to know how is the life there.. all the news are appreciated! Life cost, how is the people, haw are the jobs... well, really really everything!!

Thank you so much to everyone for your help!!!
(Yes, I know.. I have to study more english than this few words!!)

Hi Chiara,

the Abu Dhabi expat network might help ;)

I trust in you Julien! :P

Ghiara,

Get the job first, after that come to Abu Dhabi. Otherwise you will suffer a lot.

Thank you THBT for your reply.. you're so positive! :P
Obviously I will search a job, and then I will come there..but the job it's not a problem.
My question is about the life... How is the life there? Which is the cost of the life there? Only who live there really can answer me, this is the reason why I write you :D
But... I'm really happy that you write something here.. I hope that someone else, like you, can help me!

Ghiara,
The main problem here is accomodation. To give you an idea, one bedroom hall appratment here inside a building (because ther are also in partition villas) is about 120,000 AED/year (30,000 $). All other expenses are manageable.
Weather is very hot and humid except between November and Februarry/March when yo breath some fresh breeze.
Social life is open and you will not find differences except of some restrictions.

Than you again THBT! This is what I want to know!
I think that the company where I will work will give me a home to live. I see on the web that the home prices are very high, and this really worried me, but for this life cost in general, not only fot the home.
Which kind of restrictions you mean?

* you cannot get liquors from supermarkets, you can consume inside hotels only.
* you cannot get a sunbath with nake body.
* you cannot deeply kiss your boyfriend in public

Oh, ok! I don't have a bath naked, and I don't kiss by boyfriend deeply in Italy (not the liquors, in Italy is possible to buy them in the supermarket), so I will not have problems :)

so we are looking forard to seeing you in abu dhabi. let me know when you come here

hellloooo chiara....
i guess im too late for a reply...
propably u already moved to abu dhabi...
tell us how u find it here :)))

Any success to far?

Ciao Chiara!
Come stai!
Oh...It feels good to speak Italiano after a while...I was in Torino for about 2 years...aah...really miss that place. I currently live in Al Ain and work for a company in Dubai. I joined here only recently...that is...just after Torino... well...nice to know that there are Italians out here...and well..hope you have a good time here...
Ce Vediamo Doppo!

And of course you can enjoy your life, there are good hotels, multi-cuisine restaurants, bars, pubs, etc.

Outdoor activities like desert safari, water sports, etc. Life is enjoyable in Abu Dhabi. and of course for a good massage, dont hesitate to contact me..lol..

Cheers
Brian