Is it really that simple?

I'm an American looking to move to Germany, and already have 2 part-time jobs lined up with EEA-based companies that are fine with me residing in Germany (or anywhere in Europe for that matter). It's in IT so the income of both combined will definitely be over any barest minimum required financial support.

Today I went to the German embassy to ask what kind of visa paperwork I needed and they said I basically just have to register as a resident when I get to Germany and present my letter of employment, or a contract, and possibly proof of health insurance and secure housing, and I'd be good to go. There's no need to prove I'm not taking the job from some EU national or some such deal, or that the company definitely requires me to be located in that exact town/region.

After dealing with the bureaucracy in other countries, this seems freakishly simple, especially since Germans seem to really like paperwork. Has anyone gone through this process who can confirm this is true? I just don't want to end up moved in over there and unable to go through with my plan.

Wait and see - problems (and additional buerocracy) might pop up later and when you least expect it!
Keep in mind that you need (compulsory) German health insurance (minimum cost €145/month) and pay tax (the employer will automatically deduct it from your pay, based on information they receive from the tax authority after you register here). The second job is automatically on the maximum tax rate, which means you get less than half of it paid out.

Here is an immigration lawyer's description of a very similar case (US citizen who wants to work in Germany):
    http://www.frag-einen-anwalt.de/Arbeits … 67751.html
It's only in German, but you need to speak German anyway (or get an English and German speaking lawyer) to deal with German authorities.
In short:
First, you need a residence permit ("Aufenthaltserlaubnis").
Then the German work council ("Arbeitsamt") needs to check whether there are EU citizens that could fill the job (and must be employed preferentially).
If there aren't, you will get a work permit, otherwise not.
These procedures take time.
There are exceptions, but they were not explained (ask a lawyer!).

Hi,

I am Italo-French and I moved 1 month ago to Berlin with my boyfriend (who is German)I have to say it is hard, and depressing and speaking English doesn't help.
I manage to get the residence permit ("Aufenthaltserlaubnis")because my boyfriend came with me to ask for him and I.
You need to present your contract - house or rent.
I went to JOBCENTRE (as they called it) and after waiting my turn not knowing where to go I was told to come back with a translator. I didin't get any support due to my partner wage, meaning not social insurance or number and not support for job research, I will be able to have one by finding a job or on my partner insurance. So may be it will be less easier for you having already a job. May be you could ask for an help from your compagny - relocation support.
I just advise you to find someone who can speak German/English as they do not make any effort to speak english in Berlin if you are moving to Berlin or other city and contact your Ambassy prior to move.
Best wishes and good luck.