Counteracting the chlorine

Obviously a very pressing matter amid all the political turmoil but nonetheless...

I was wondering how Egyptians and expats cope with the chlorinated water; I've been in Egypt for two months now and my hair and skin has definitely become drier. Usually if I've been swimming, I'll rinse lemon juice through my hair when I was wash it to counteract the chlorine but seeing as the water IS chlorinated... well, I don't think I'm getting the full effect.

I use soap free products and my hair conditioner is very good. Nivea Cream may be on the way to saving my skin but if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Any more tips?

simple .... buy an RO water filter, wash your hair/skin with filtered water ...... If you need help I can refer you to a company that sells and installs these filters.

Ooh yes please, it's definitely something I'd like to look into.

fine .... an RO filter would run you around 1500-1800 pounds for a 75 GPD (Gallons Per Day) filter with a 12 liter tank (they take some time to purify the water hence the need for a tank, to have instant access to pure water) ... I will send you privately the sales manager name for this company. Tell him that you know me (colleague at work or anything) and he'll make you a discount.

The filter needs maintenance and replacement for some parts every three months. A maintenance contract would cost 300 EGP/year which includes everything (parts, labor, transportation and everything) .... This is bound to save you lots of money since you will save a lot on mineral water you are buying now, especially starting with the 2nd year of use (only 300 EGP/year for water) .....

Brilliant thank you.

my girl friend had the same proplem when she came to egypt for your body try to put body lotion  continusly and buy water fliter it coosts like 300 dollar i think

ahmed elazzazy wrote:

my girl friend had the same proplem when she came to egypt for your body try to put body lotion  continusly and buy water fliter it coosts like 300 dollar i think

why is your name Ahmed but your profile says female?