Fresh college graduate from Texas headed to the Kingdom!

Hi guys!

I've spent hours on this forum, reading the relevant posts that regard to me and just researching a lot of things. I finally decided to post here because I had a few concerns! But before that, just a small bio on me...

I was born in Pakistan and lived there for 9 years before moving to Dallas for the next 13 years. I grew accustomed to American life and loved my time there. My parents though, have bought a condo in Karachi and moved back with family now. I graduated from the University of North Texas two months ago with my B.A in Psychology. I spent the past month in Thailand and Cambodia completing my TESOL certification. Ultimately, I want to be working in the education field, I want to open my own school in Pakistan for the middle classes here! Before that though, I need to get my feet wet somewhere...

That's when I got a job offer from King Saud University as an English teacher. I move to Riyadh on November 10th! I got offers from China and Turkey both but decided that the package offered in KSA was unlike any other and the college experience is what I was looking for all along. What a scary thought...a 22 year old teaching college students! I'm very fortunate to move to KSA and being a Muslim man myself, I don't think I'll have an issue accustoming to the life there. My concern though is related to the social life. I have a private flate in a private compound. I'm a very sociable and outgoing person so I need to have some company! How I'll spend an entire year talking to girls is beyond me...but I'm used to going to smoke hookah and just having some good conversation! What's the easiest way to meet expats in Riyadh (other than this forum)? I'm excited but nervous at the same time!

I'd really appreciate it if you guys could help me out a bit and guide me through the social life here or else I'll be stuck with my old friends from Texas ;)

Cheers guys and hope to meet some of you soon!

Best,

Ahsan

Welcome aboard and to KSA soon also.

Don't worry; we'll be here with Sheesha (hookah) and gossips. Do let us know when you arrive.

I hope you have a safe trip here! I'm sure you'll make lots of friends in no time.

I wish you a good experience in Riyadh, and we can arrange for meeintg :)