weekend trip ideas

Ruby Sterling from Down Under, working in Riyadh as an English teacher...enjoys being active i.e. swimming, travelling, and trying different cuisines...

Looking for an awesome spot for swimming- weekend trips maybe...

Interested in language exchange- Arabic not really serious though- just survival level maybe...

For awesome swimming spot, try Hay-Assafarat Sports Complex near embassy area inside Diplomatic Quarter.

Four Seasons in Kingdom Centre is also good for such activities, bit expensive but really worthy.

I love creating friendships with everyone ...

walid ksb wrote:

I love creating friendships with everyone ...

I guess he loved it a bit TOO much--got himself banned :lol:

Hi Ruby,

The best place to swim is the western style compounds. Here in FAL compound there are 3 swimming pools, 2 outdoor and one indoor. Another compounds are Arizona, Kingdom, Hamra... If you have friends in these compounds you can use the facilities there.

Travelling inside Saudi is difficult because of long distance, no women driving, and the temperature. But there are a amazing places to visit. Alternately you can visit Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Dubai, or Jordan. They are too close and in expensive.

Thanks,

basemomary wrote:

Alternately you can visit Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, Dubai, or Jordan. They are too close and in expensive.

I have found it easier to travel out of country than IN country. Turkey and Greece are also close and you can get cheap airfares.  But one of my very favorite holidays was to Jordan!

Best food you can try in Riyadh would be in  Le Bistro, located inside Riyadh Village Compound. Nice atmosphere, nice people. All expats

Plus they have 2 amazing pools. Need to go let me know. I can sign you in.

Amrmk wrote:

Plus they have 2 amazing pools. Need to go let me know. I can sign you in.

are you a Star Wars fan ? :D

For cuisine you can get help from people around you and blogs. Try Saraya and Nafora for arab food its really good:)

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

Hitch wrote:

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

I would love to get some "worm " tea as well Hitch. But specify what worms are you gonna give me :lol:

simple typo , happens all the time man.

Hitch wrote:

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

at least you are not alone to have a worm tea HRGuru would love to have some as well.

just waiting to see Aliecat :dumbom: to you.

valar_morghulis wrote:
Hitch wrote:

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

at least you are not alone to have a worm tea HRGuru would love to have some as well.

just waiting to see Aliecat :dumbom: to you.

Naaah the cats after mice these days , not after worms.

HRGuru wrote:
valar_morghulis wrote:
Hitch wrote:

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

at least you are not alone to have a worm tea HRGuru would love to have some as well.

just waiting to see Aliecat :dumbom: to you.

Naaah the cats after mice these days , not after worms.

Alliecat will be hammering Hitch, not worms.

awww i see so how they make a tea of worm by :dumbom:  :D :lol:

Poor Hitch all he wanted to have was some worm tea with friends :D:D:D

HRGuru wrote:

Poor Hitch all he wanted to have was some worm tea with friends :D:D:D

you are also interested, just you want to make sure which worm.

lets say this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Regenwurm1.jpg

or these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Sipuncula.jpg

buaawwwwww.

awwww my head guys

stop punshing my head please only one have the right too , Well Mewoo LOL

You can always have friends , its easy smile and see how it goes and just be your self ...

Hitch wrote:

awwww my head guys

stop punshing my head please only one have the right too , Well Mewoo LOL

You can always have friends , its easy smile and see how it goes and just be your self ...

no no i didn't :dumbom: your head. i was saying that Alliecat will :dumbom: your head, later post i said :dumbom: worms not your head. your head is also precious to me as it is to you :D

Ruby Sterling wrote:

Ruby Sterling from Down Under, working in Riyadh as an English teacher...enjoys being active i.e. swimming, travelling, and trying different cuisines...

Looking for an awesome spot for swimming- weekend trips maybe...

Interested in language exchange- Arabic not really serious though- just survival level maybe...

Hey!

Try Al-Farasaan Island. It should be a brillaint weekend away.
To get there you will have to fly out to Gizan and take a ferry. The beaches are magnificant. And place is really decent for diving.

Sh3ryar, I guess Farsan is still not developed yet.Have u personally been there ?

You wouldnt expect it to be Maldives.. but it aint bad.
Yes I have been there briefly (not for leisure).

valar_morghulis wrote:
Hitch wrote:

its a great thing to have a worm tea , have some friends home , Chat about their week and share their experience ,

That's how I always love my weekends

at least you are not alone to have a worm tea HRGuru would love to have some as well.

just waiting to see Aliecat :dumbom: to you.

Nah, I'm not going to hammer him.  I love when he uses the wrong word--it comes sooooooooooooooooooo close but oftentimes the result is very, very funny (like worm tea!! :D).

valar_morghulis wrote:

your head is also precious to me as it is to you :D

Nice of you to say so but I am quite certain it's *more* precious to him :dumbom:

Where is FAL compound located?  I have heard of all these compounds and I have been here since March and I have only been to DQ (Diplomatic Quarters).

ChanPark wrote:

Where is FAL compound located?  I have heard of all these compounds and I have been here since March and I have only been to DQ (Diplomatic Quarters).

FAL COMPOUND - J8 Near Arizona

You can check this link for a list of compounds in Riyadh:

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … iyadh.html

Thanks!

Who is for camel racing in Taif this weekend?

Which Witch wrote:

Who is for camel racing in Taif this weekend?

Would have gone if it was Horse Race.. Camel running in wilderness.. not my cuppa tea. :)

Alliecat wrote:
valar_morghulis wrote:

your head is also precious to me as it is to you :D

Nice of you to say so but I am quite certain it's *more* precious to him :dumbom:

:D

well this week I might be very busy , hey and I love my tea .

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

Hitch wrote:

well this week I might be very busy , hey and I love my tea .

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

you didnt replied to HrGuru, which worm's tea ? any how take care will see ya next week.

thanks my dear warm ahhh im losing my English I guess to much Japanese ...

Hitch wrote:

thanks my dear warm ahhh im losing my English I guess to much Japanese ...

no problem, it happenens some times

sh3hryar wrote:

Would have gone if it was Horse Race.. Camel running in wilderness.. not my cuppa tea. :)

Hitch wrote:

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

I mean participating as a spectator, not as a camel...

I want to participate as a camel :lol:

Hitch wrote:

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

Camel racing is quite popular here, Hitch!  Are you *sure* you're Saudi? :unsure


Janadriyah Festival, 2012

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4XMbo8Bae0Y/TQEUuBYqhzI/AAAAAAAAAVg/DSRZM-RQqCo/s1600/camel-racing.jpg

Alliecat wrote:
Hitch wrote:

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

Camel racing is quite popular here, Hitch!  Are you *sure* you're Saudi? :unsure


Janadriyah Festival, 2012

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4XMbo8Bae0Y/T … racing.jpg

Look at the size of them jockeys.. Jockeys are meant to be midgets.. well almost!

Which Witch wrote:
sh3hryar wrote:

Would have gone if it was Horse Race.. Camel running in wilderness.. not my cuppa tea. :)

Hitch wrote:

but a camel !!  I don't know but this idea seems to be impossible .

I mean participating as a spectator, not as a camel...

Yes, I know where are you coming from..

New topic