Living in kuwait

hello all...

i jus wanted to knw the average salary for a fresher electrical engineer in kuwait... i'm a trainee engg in kuwait.. salary 160KD per month... food and accommodation will be provided... is this an ok salary??? pls do help.... :)

i suggest you post this question on the Kuwait Forum, and being the kuwait animator, i can say it all depends on ur experience, qualification, workplace, employer, other benefits etc.

generally speaking, if ur a uni grad, u should be earning a minimum of 400.

i started off @ 250, but worked my way up.

if negotiations are not possible, accept the job, work it, gain experience, apply eleswhere.

when companies bring you from abroad they charge u money for giving u residency, which is basically reflected in their salary offer. once u have a transferable residency (Article 18) u can find better offers.

choice is yours.

Hi achu!

Your thread has been moved to Kuwait forum.

Harmonie.

Hi,

I am an ERP professional with 7 years of experience. I am having an offer of 1250 KD Per month in kuwait. Can some one please tell me the cost of living in kuwait. How much is he mimimum amount in KD for the following:

1. Rent (planning for 1BHK as the family size is 3)
2. Food expenses (for 2)
3. Travel expenses
4. Medical Insurance (per person)
5. Others (Electricity and telephone)

Regrads,
Vivwk

Dear vanvivwk these figs are guidelines
Rent a flat 180-220 KD
Food 80-110
Travel Ex. one way around 150/person
Med. Ins.  200 /person/year
Others "Elec. , Tel., Internet ...ect" 15/month
Trans. "rent a car" 6 KD/day
REGARDS

Thanks a lot!

Travel expenses of 150 is by bus or taxi?

Regards,
Vivwk

lol which world are you in?its KD 0.200 for public bus transport, and the taxi depends on your negotiation skills

There's some misunderstanding
Rent a car or get a private taxi to drive you " 2 or 3 trips a day " is about 5-7 KD/Day... i.e. about 150KD/month in average
is it clear ?
*regarding public bus transport I think it's not a practical facility and usually it doesn't reach reach your destination " you have to walk afterwards" plus it's time waste for an ERP prof.
*All know kuwait is too hot to wait a bus, plus the asking man is ERP prof. getting 1250KD salary! do you think he is going to wait a time-wasteful bus or employ a private taxi ?
anyway personally I hate buses , they are sometimes crowded and have a nasty smell!
REGARDS

Thanks a lot ag2001y.

So, you mean i will be easily able to save around 700KD per month right?

Regards,
Vivek

Theoretically YES but practically I doubt !

Hi,

Why do you think so.......Practically what could be my savings.

if you dont mind, Please send your mail id to [email protected].

I need to discuss a cost- benefit analysis with you.

Regards,
Vivek