Cost of Visa agent

@JonSt

i set my account at kbank and they had a english speaker

@JonSt

a thai friend helped me open a bank account and i used a agent to get my 1 year retirement visa  25000 baht 

@rbakker

some agents fund it to 800 k as part of the 25000 baht fee  some larger ones charge 3000 baht to fund tge account to 800k and then remove it 

The choice for an agent depends on personal circumstances, it should be that way anyway

If you can meet the requirements you will ALWAYS get your visa when you are it immigration

Everywhere they will have some staff that speaks English, ALL documents are in English apart the ones related to overstay fines....

It should never be a problem, other than you can not meet the requirements....then an agent service is an expensive, life long option

@martinoo2002"If you can meet the requirements you will ALWAYS get your visa when you are it immigration"

So for those who can easily meet the requirements, an agent isn't necessary?

@Plazz

Absolutely!!!

An agent, as discussed in numerous threads here, is a path you should only take when you ,

cannot meet the financial requirements.

Any other reason would not be smart.

The agent will register your visa at his uncle nephew,'s niece that works in the immi office in Nakhon Nowhere.

From then on any reporting like 90 days/Tm47 or residentie TM 30 or even an certificate of address ( needed for some official documents like driver license, will have to go through the agent and for a fee of course.

Your future extensions will not go without their help, for a fee of course.

It will be very difficult to go around the agent ....... it should not cross anyone his mind to do it if not ( financially) needed

"So for those who can easily meet the requirements, an agent isn't necessary?"

That is correct.

@JonSt Are you allowed to disclose the agent tgat pays 6000 baht? i paid too much myself yet i do not know if i can di the process without hand holding. This time i will not need the payoffs necessary to get my visa. Getting to the front of the line was nice but if you get tgere around 6 am you can shorten the regular process 

@ronstaff

It was something I saw on reddit so I have no details on which agent it was.

@martinoo2002

i used an agent and yes i needed his help because i only had my bank account for 2 months not 3 . Now if i know all the correct  forms and have them filled in before coming, that should work. First i would need to know what forms to fill. Do i need new photos each year? I assume i need the same bank paperwork. My agent deposited a small amount in my bank account the day of getting my visa. My bank statement was dated the day before. i was told I could not use my bank branch located at immigration. How long of a lease am I required to show immigration? Is the paperwork identical each year? Hoping last years input is saved? If nothing has changed, why start from scratch? I know I paid too much last time. i just do not want to go and have to return. I apprec your help and suggestions.

As i mentioned in another post,  needing a Thai speaking person with you depends on the area you are applying.  In the heavily populated expat areas,  many are having an easy time.  My experience in Trat was the opposite.  Very difficult to communicate in english.  Not a lot of expats there.

Probably the best advice is to go try on your own.   If you struggle, get a Thai to accompany you.  It certainly relieved a lot of frustration for me.  YMMV

@ronstaff

"i needed his help because i only had my bank account for 2 months not 3 "

If you're applying for the Non-Immigrant(O) visa extension then you need that bank account (with 800K in it) for 2 months and not 3 months. So once again people are paying agents unneccessarily. You should investigate how to do this yourself. I went through the whole process and put it on this forum, as have others. Reading is free!

The renewal every year (which I haven't been through yet) is, as I understand it, as painless as it can be and can even be done online after the first time.

"i was told I could not use my bank branch located at immigration"

Who told you that, the agent? That's a red flag.

@martinoo2002
i used an agent and yes i needed his help because i only had my bank account for 2 months not 3 . Now if i know all the correct  forms and have them filled in before coming, that should work. First i would need to know what forms to fill. Do i need new photos each year? I assume i need the same bank paperwork. My agent deposited a small amount in my bank account the day of getting my visa. My bank statement was dated the day before. i was told I could not use my bank branch located at immigration. How long of a lease am I required to show immigration? Is the paperwork identical each year? Hoping last years input is saved? If nothing has changed, why start from scratch? I know I paid too much last time. i just do not want to go and have to return. I apprec your help and suggestions.

-@ronstaff

As Rbakker mentioned you are fooled into their assistance... as are all others as well....

Anyway go to your immigration office and ask for the list they have with documents needed for your specific visa as they differ between the various visa's

a few heads-up;

pictures can not be older than 3 months or 6 months, not sure.

bank statement, 2 pages, signed by bank, can be picked up day before your immigration office visit

day of visit you deposit some cash in your account and update the bankbook...at ANY bank branch where you have your account

Paperwork can change hence my advise to pick up the list, annually

Thai logic makes you have to submit everything fresh and new although similar to next year and without changes  (learn to live with, is common everywhere)