ED visa and work permit

Hi everybody,

I need your help.

I will move to Bangkok next September. I will look for a job in insurance industry.
Before getting a job I have to choose wether I enter the country with a tourist visa or student visa.

Here is my question :
Does anybody know if it s possible to convert an ED Visa in non immigrant B visa (work permit) ?

Thanks

i think ed visa is better for you

From my experience, tourist visa can not be converted into Non-B visa.  Anyhow, when you get job in Thailand already, you can apply Non-B visa from Thai Embassies around Thailand such as Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia or Laos, with supported document from your employer - such as Employment letter, Company certificate, Update Affidavit,copy of work permit & visa of Authorized Director for examples.

Poulardos wrote:

Hi everybody,

I need your help.

I will move to Bangkok next September. I will look for a job in insurance industry.
Before getting a job I have to choose wether I enter the country with a tourist visa or student visa.

Here is my question :
Does anybody know if it s possible to convert an ED Visa in non immigrant B visa (work permit) ?

Thanks

Yes, it should be possible to convert either. However, in the case of the tourist visa, I believe you need to exit the country and get the non-immigrant B from a Thai embassy abroad. The work permit and visa will initially be 3 months. Then you'll be granted an extension for the year.

This may answer some visa questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqAArIC22s

is it possible to have two types of visa at the same time,i mean.i have ED visa,can i have working visa too or not?

Could be wrong but I think the answer is no.

amiraryan wrote:

is it possible to have two types of visa at the same time,i mean.i have ED visa,can i have working visa too or not?

There is no such thing as a working visa, only a work permit. The visa and work permit are separate. Anyway, as far as I know it's not possible. 

You can have a work permit with a non-immigrant B or M visa however working as a student or tourist is prohibited.

I wasn't 100% sure on the visa question so I tried Google ;-)

Try either
Tourist-B Visa

OR

Visa Conversion

If thats no help just dig a little deeper on these resources.

Cheers

Thai Industrial Serve wrote:

From my experience, tourist visa can not be converted into Non-B visa.  Anyhow, when you get job in Thailand already, you can apply Non-B visa from Thai Embassies around Thailand such as Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia or Laos, with supported document from your employer - such as Employment letter, Company certificate, Update Affidavit,copy of work permit & visa of Authorized Director for examples.

Yes it can, see my reply above.

malevan wrote:

i think ed visa is better for you

Can I ask why you think this given that the OP says he wants to find work here and you cannot work on an ED Visa?

Thanks everybody for your contribution. .

I got the answer now. I can enter the country with a tourist visa or ED visa then I will have to exit Thailand and go to a Thai embassy to get the non immigrant B visa.

You wouldn't have to leave Thailand if you converted a tourist visa.

You will have to leave Thailand for Thai Embassy in neighbor country to apply for a new working visa. Do you have ED visa yet, I can offer you my guide and support.

i have ed visa

amiraryan wrote:

i have ed visa

And?

with ed visa you can not work here in thailand

I am retired govt. servant. i am interested to settle in bangkok. i want retiree visa intimate procedure.

scottmallon wrote:
amiraryan wrote:

i have ed visa

And?

and nothing!just doing my master thesis

scottmallon wrote:
amiraryan wrote:

i have ed visa

And?

And... thats it!  No more! End of vocabulary?

You would have to leave Thailand to finish your ED Visa and re enter on a tourist Visa but make sure you have someone to secure
your Non B visa before you leave and return.

skyaslimit wrote:
scottmallon wrote:
amiraryan wrote:

i have ed visa

And?

And... thats it!  No more! End of vocabulary?

I have retirement visa.

i need a job to have then retire :lol::lol::lol::lol:

amiraryan wrote:

i need a job to have then retire :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What does your having an ED visa have to do with the original post though? That is my point...

Hi.
I want to move to Thai, but seems to be complicated. I am about to apply for a job in Bangkok (from my current employer, different party), but problem is they want me to already HAVE work permit, when applying. And to apply, I already have to VAVE JOB. Its like stuck in the middle. Should I tell the company, that I have permit (and after positive interview ask for the papres) or should I apply for NON-immigrant B visa (without having job quite yet)??? Any ideas? How have you done this?

heilister wrote:

Hi.
I want to move to Thai, but seems to be complicated. I am about to apply for a job in Bangkok (from my current employer, different party), but problem is they want me to already HAVE work permit, when applying. And to apply, I already have to VAVE JOB. Its like stuck in the middle. Should I tell the company, that I have permit (and after positive interview ask for the papres) or should I apply for NON-immigrant B visa (without having job quite yet)??? Any ideas? How have you done this?

It seems that you are not working in Thailand, you have to secure a job before you can apply for a work permit here, your employers should be responsible to provide all the paper work, you need to be on a non-immigrant class B visa, which can be granted via any Thai embassy IF your paper work is correct.

hello
i want to ask i want to study thai
they will give me ed visa
can i work in thailand with ed visa or no?

No,  you cannot work on an ED visa.

i am not talking about full time work
i am talking about part time work
and i heard that you can work with this visa without work permit like simple job
and i want to know how you can work legally inthailand ?