Iqama Processing Time for an Expat on New Work Visa

Hi Everyone,

few days ago, I arrived in KSA on a work visa. I have an offer from a company where i have to join as soon as possible.

Can please someone guide me in how many days can I receive my iqama number?

or is there any way i can track the progress. as the guy who is responsible for giving me iqama is saying everyday that by today you will get the iqama or tomorrow.

for the medical he told me that no need to go and give the medical, he will manage it.

is there any way i can check whether he has payed my insurance etc the requirements for issuance of iqama.

@Mrmohsin57 exactly the same thing happening with me its been 22 days for me now still waiting for iqama number every day they are telling me you will get wait If this was the procedure or I have to wait this much of time, then I ain't choosen to come here .

Hello, everyone I want to know how much it will take to get iqama number when we are on Azaad visa (self visa) in K.S.A. For me its been 22 days now, if it will take more then a month then, I would like to go back to my country & what is the procedure to make a exit without iqama let me know and kindly please help is this.

1) There is no such thing as a Azad visa.  That is an illegal practice

2) Depending on company, it can be done within a week or take months - depends on their efficiency

Is travelling outside the country allowed during Iqama processing?

Not until it is issued.

@XTang my agent shared a screenshot with me that he was going to issue my Iqamah. but health insurance was missing. so he applied for my health insurance. how long will it might take to upload my health insurance on Council of health insurance database?

because now he told me that he cannot do nothing untill health insurance shows up on CHI Website and it might take several days.

Depends on how well cchi system is working. Usually within a week. I personally had to wait 15 days once when their system had an issue.