The fastest easiest way to get to Germany

Hello,

I am currently exploring options for the fastest and easiest way to travel to Germany, and I would appreciate any advice you can provide.

I have been in an informal relationship with my partner for the past three years, and we have had the opportunity to meet several times in my country during this period. However, due to my partner's conservative family background, she is unable to disclose our relationship to her parents.

Initially, we considered applying for a visa for unmarried couples. However, we quickly dismissed this idea due to concerns about potential exposure. We worry that the German authorities may send mail, make phone calls, or notify her at her parents' house, which could jeopardize our situation.

On a positive note, I hold an engineering degree and am fluent in English. Although my German language proficiency is currently at an A2 level, I am actively working on improving it. As for my partner, she has yet to start her career and currently lives with her parents.

Given these circumstances, I would greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions on the best course of action..

I think you should first determine what you want: Your message is unclear whether it is travel to or move to Germany.

Your message also mixes up visa questions, social issues (with her parents), language and job search. Each of these warrant a detailed discussion, but all of them together in one make it almost impossible to give useful advice.

Maybe you can start by reading related forum discussions to get an idea what others in similar situations asked and what replies they got.

I am also puzzled: Germans are, in general, open-minded and I cannot fathom any of them rejecting an adult daughter's chosen partner in the way you describe. Is there something you didn't tell us?

@shamooooot

Let us tackle the bull in this glass house: conservatives values (

transcendent order,

social continuity, prescription , prudence,  variety through justified inequality) are not necessarily all bad.

Still, for all difference to liberalism (Individualism, liberty, shared social responsibility, moral arbitrary), both liberals and conservatives values honesty and trust.

None of what seems to be your current status quo.

Hiding your relationship out of fear or shame is a bad start for a longer relationship in a larger family.

If you are truely more interested in the Person than her citizenship, I‘d suggest clarifying your relationship first, before focusing on „the fastest easiest way into Germany“.

It is difficult to ignore your true ulterior motives- and maybe your friend's parents already saw through this situation , know her and are genuinely concerned for her wellbeing once you are finally „in“.

Initially, we considered applying for a visa for unmarried couples. However, we quickly dismissed this idea due to concerns about potential exposure. We worry that the German authorities may send mail, make phone calls, or notify her at her parents' house, which could jeopardize our situation.

Do you have a link to that visa category?

Germany does not have a visa for unmarried couples, as far as I know.

The only situation I can think of where what you describe may happen is if your girlfriend is of Turkish or Middle Eastern descent.

In any case, your options are:

• marriage
  • employment
  • full time studies

You know best whether you are ready for marriage or not (or whether that´s doable in the situation you described).

An employment visa requires recognized qualifications and a firm job offer by an employer able and willing to sponsor you.

Studies require being accepted at a university and actually attending/studying. There is a pathway to a work permit and permanent residence after successfully completed studies.