EP Application Process Malaysia

Hi guys. I am a foreigner from Indonesia. A week ago, I received an employment contract to be signed from the company that wants to hire me and they said that they are currently proceeding with my employment pass application. I was really curious about what was going on behind the process and all the stages. 1 month ago HR said that they were requesting approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs (still in the 1st stage), I would understand it was the approval for the quota of hiring expat (expatriate post application). 1 month passed by, and HR was sending me an employment contract to be signed and sent back by tonight that day. HR also told me that they have an appointment to stamp the letter of contract soon.

My confusion right now is:

1. From this scenario of mine, do you think that my 1st stage (Expat Post Application) has been approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs? since the company were just sent me the employment contract to be signed which I can imply this document is the requirements to proceed to the 2nd stage (Employment Pass Application). Btw HR was also asking me for the nearest Embassy of Malaysia in my home country for visa collection purposes.
  2. How long do you think the process of the 2nd stage (Employment Pass Application) will take?

I would really appreciate your help to my queries. Thanks. I mean, honestly, I might be able to ask to HR themself, however, I just felt like I don't want to push them since I am aware that the process takes time. Do you guys think that I am polite enought to ask whether the stage 1 has been approved or not?

Your company asking for employment contract to sign and return to them that means they have already secured the quota for foreigners to hire. Next, before they create application for your EP they are required to stamp the contract from Inland revenue board (usually take 1 week) after that they can file stage 1 (usually takes 2 week to 4 weeks)..

Nearest consulates office or Embassy of Malaysia in your home country is required to be mentioned in stage 1 application so the approval letter can be addressed to the particular office (eg: Consulate General of Malaysia, Mumbai) for collecting single entry visa to enter Malaysia.  Approval letter addressed to Consulate office Mumbai cannot be used to seek single entry visa from Consulate General of Malaysia, Delhi or Chennai. So you have be carefully selected which office of Consulate General of Malaysia you will proceed to seek Single entry visa in your home country.

hope I am able to answer your query

@samkl63 Hi Sam. I got some updates from my prospective employer regarding the EP application. The hiring manager said that they are currently waiting for approval from the local labor office. After it has been approved, then only they can submit it to MDEC for 1st stage approval.

From your understanding, do you think it is a long way to go? What are your thoughts on this?

@Fauzaan Hi Fauzan. I think we are currently in the same situation. Have your company get approval from the local labor office to proceed with 1st stage approval?