Visa approved - Non EU

Visa application date -5th Dec

Registered date - 19th Dec

Decision date - 28th March

Submitted additional documents - 05 Apr

Received passport - 11 Apr

Hope this data helps.

Thanks.

@pradap27 what additional doc was requested?

@nadeshn We were not asked for it yet, but they will most probably do it. Because they allowed us to apply with a 30-day hotel reservation, to not make us wait for a registered rental contract before applying. And they will further ask us to prove my registered rental contract. Maybe that is why it takes longer than average

@Ts4b6 Your registration date is one day after mine. I hope you also got the answer 1 day before me 1f605.svg

@mj22manish Registered Rental agreement and an extended medical insurance covering for 3 months

@pradap27 Oh, I did not know about the medical cover, how can I make it happen? I think I can also ask to my school I attended for a PhD, they arranged my health insurance. But if you know an easy way, can you please tell me about it?

J'ai postulé le 10 Janvier interview et document supplémentaire le 25 Janvier , enregistrement le 23 Février toujours en traitement.

L'attente est vraiment longue surtout quand tu vois ceux de fin Janvier avec leur approbation 😢

Votre sponsor es un EU ?  Ca montre qoi sur le site? ...... je voir le  gens de novembre et decembre pas encore janvier @ascatp2016

@nadeshn oui il est EU et sur le tableau s'affiche en traitement

@seusa Hello, Travel and Health insurance is mandatory. For me, my company took care of those things. There are also various insurance providers, you can also directly contact them for insurance.

Any news folks who applied in January?

@pradap27 Oh, I did not know about the medical cover, how can I make it happen? I think I can also ask to my school I attended for a PhD, they arranged my health insurance. But if you know an easy way, can you please tell me about it?        -@seusa

As you will get long stay visa anyway meaning that you will be able to join the health insurance fund (obligatory) of the government. (short stay cannot thats why they need their own travel insurance to cover all health issues)

Travel insurance should be arranged by yourself (if you want) in case of working with institutions or it could be arranged by companies if they explicitly state so.

Got my visa today!

Visa application date - 31 January 2024

Visa Approved- 29 April 2024

Received passport - 2 May 2024

Not forwarded to IBZ and no additional requirements were asked.

@bellacabs1996

Mes félicitations à vous. Je suis encore en attente. J'ai postulé depuis le 10Janvier 2024 et enregistré le 23 Février, mon dossier est toujours en traitement depuis lors. Article 40ter

@bellacabs1996 congratulations I also got mine on the 29th April,  I applied on the 1st of February

Hello, I have applied Type D Visa for my daughter and after 4 months of Verification the Visa was approved. Meanwhile my Wife's Visa got expired and we have applied again.

Now again they have sent my wife's application for verification to immigration office. Does her application will also take more time for processing or do the immigration office will consider my daughter's approved application.

If anyone has faced this type of situation, please provide your suggestions.

Hi everyone,

I have one specific question, I was offered a job as a researcher in Belgium and with my company we already applied for the single permit. I am a female from Türkiye, residing in here at the moment and it is my first time to apply single permit. I have a fiance and we were planning to get married for him to be able to come with me  (Background information is that as a woman I have to change my surname and add his surname, and we don't have something like legal partnering so marriage is the only option). I am waiting for my single permit which might take months and I should be at Belgium around mid August.

At the moment my question is that when do you think it would be wise to get married in terms of paperwork and visa rejection ?

Option 1: Get single permit, get married and when I go to Belgium apply for residence permit and inform the marriage and him to apply for family reunification visa.

Option 2: Get single permit, go to Belgium, get residence permit, turn back to get married and provide residence documents to my fiance? Then he can apply for family reunification visa.

Since my surname changes, my concern is to be affected negatively and get rejected from the visa or smth.

I know this is a specific issue but would appreciate if you have any suggestions!

regards,

@rukenkarakus

I am also from Turkey, I wish you were married before your application, cause they would take your partner's application at the same time, without a seperate appointment. And, you know, it is really hard to get an appointment slot nowadays.

Regarding your options at the moment, I can only assume, but Option 1 looks to have a higher chance to be less time-consuming. Because your residency will also take some time (finding a rental as permanent address (3-6 weeks approx.), police check to the apartment (2-3 weeks after applying for police check), registration of rental contract (few days), arrival of your Belgian ID also takes some time and only can be applied after renting a flat). I guess all of these process should be better to happen while your partner is waiting for his appointment or visa decision. Once you begin with your visa application, some documents can be submitted afterwards, but I think it is better to apply for the visa as soon as possible, and you will complete other processes in Belgium meanwhile. But I have to say that it is only my thoughts depending on my observations on my visa application experience and only my guess, and I applied as phd student, not a single permit.

@seusa

Thank you for your answer, I was not aware of the police processes. I see that in either way there might be complications.

Unfortunately  yes I understand the odds not marrying at the moment, however my contract date is at 15 August and whole single permit-visa process may take 4 months. In this case as a woman I had to renew all my ID and passports and get a new appointment from VFS global which I barely found for 8 of July as the earliest, and then inform my company to redo the documents etc. I simply did not wanted to risk my contract however yes it was maybe doable with a lot of stress. With all these math, I had to get married at the same time with my offer...

Any news for those who applied in January ?

Applied in November, still waiting.

Any update for those who  applied  Feb?

@mj22manish February and I got my visa already

@teresakagunda0 yeah I got approved on the 29th of May

@mj22manish

I've applied in 29th Jan, and dossiers have been sent to ibz

Any news for those applied March?

Hello everyone.

Just want some advice.

I am married to a Belgium for 21 years and got married in Belgium in 2003, lived here before . Used to travel and live both sides with no problem . In 2011 I went back to my country in South Africa. I came back in 2023 and I am working here in Belgium. I did my family reunification when i arrived but was refused , i did another application in  December 2023 again , and my orange card expires on the 3rd June 2024.

I did not hear anything from the immigration office as yet. My company needs a letter stating that i can continue working. Do i go to the municipality and remind them or do i wait. Because i heard that if i don't here from them then i get my F Card. Is it true?

Thank You

R.De Ruyter

Hi everyone,

I applied for family a reunification visa via VFS in Abidjan but they did not take my passport during my appointment. They rather took all other documents I brought and said they will request for the passport once my application is approved. Did anyone else have the same experience? I am asking because I always thought the original copies of the passports were usually submitted along with all other documents.

Also, has anyone who submitted their application in March gotten their visa yet?

I've applied March 21th

Forward 'FPS Interior March

'25th

Ask for additional documents May 28th

Hi Teresakunda,

we have applied on  6 of March and no news yet, your sponsor is EU?

Rgds

@teresakagunda0 Hello, Are you applying for the first time and are your sponsor is a Non EU or an EU. Please update.

Sponsor Belgium citizen

Applied  on 21th  march

Forwarded fps Belgium 25th March.

Ask Additional documents 28th May  Sent Additional documents 29th waiting problem I can't track my application in ibz am blind

@mj22manish

mine got approved today

@nguyenngoctrucphuong99 is your EU or Non-EU?

@mj22manish

With my Belgian husband