BELGIUM NATIONALITY 2023

Hi ,

We have all the documents ready for nationality , but the in charge in our commune is behaving very racistically .  its been almost 6 months and he is telling us that  he don't have time to check the documents. How can we move forward ? is there any other options ? Can anyone help me please?

Hi all,

quick question to all:

Has anyone applied for Nationality by acquisition following the path of being the parent of a Belgian under 18 unemancipated child?

In theory, there is no economic integration requirement, but I wanted to check with anyone having gone through the experience.

Thanks!

@Rd Devils hooray It depends upon how that minor child became Belgian. Was he/she born in Belgium to a European or non European parent?

Good day  y'all,

I'll share my path to citizenship experience as am so sure it'll be of help to loads of people that'll come on this forum to read subsequently and I'll be glad to answer questions through my own vantage point as well.

JUNE 2018 : I came to Belgium officially as a family member of an European citizen, she's from Netherlands, I am/was a non European citizen. Married before we got here

JULY 2018: Registered in commune (1080 Molenbeek St-Jean)Brussels Region

(Police check after like a month, they even called to schedule an appointment 😊)

OCT 2018: Got Orange card

JAN 2019: Got F-card

In between, i moved so i change commune to 1090(JETTE).

OCT 2023: Got F+ card

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

NOV 8th 2023 submitted my application of nationality with the following

i, A2 Dutch language certificate

ii, Social integration certificate

iii, Proof of Self -employment social contribution ( 6 trimesters payment in the last 2years)

iv, €150 standard application fee plus €75 communal fee( varies with each commune)

Same day I was given my Article 12Bis 1.2( Accuse de reception). The officer at the commune said my file will be forwarded to the prosecutor's office the same day.

So start counting 4months and 10days or so.

So that's November 8th, 2023 to March 18th,2024 technically.

Well I've read that if you don't receive letter after 4 months, you're good.

So on a hunch, i went to the commune March 12th,2024  belligerently to inquire.. the officer at the commune checked my file and said nothing yet from the prosecutor's office.

Fast forward today, March 15th 2024, i drove again to the commune and i gave another lady my ID to check, she said to hold on.. and said “YESSS, ITS POSITIVE. WE RECEIVED YOUR FILE LAST NIGHT( March 14th,2024).

“Come next week for your ID as the commune was closing as at the time I got there, and then apply for your Belgian ID card and passport” she said.

So from date of application to approval: Nov 8th 2023 - March 14th 2024 = 4Months and 6days thereabout 😊

NB: I know the wait can be nerve racking, but stay put.

Good luck guys

@gempdemp Did you receive any emails or confirmation that application was sent to / received by the prosecutor's office?

@residencecuriousity

not atall, cos i was given the Accuse de reception on the spot which indicates that it was sent. But no other specific email/letter confirmation afterwards

@gempdemp

First of all, congratulations!!!!

I have a couple questions and if you could share your input it would be nice :)

was there a reason why you decided to go from F card to F+ ?

In my case, I am in similar situation, applied two months ago on a F card , 5 years of Belgium, min A2 in 2 languages, father of a Belgian child and on the F card since 3 years. My file was also sent on the same day that I dropped them off at the commune

@gempdemp

Congratulation!

I have one question though what do you by the third proof

iii, Proof of Self -employment social contribution ( 6 trimesters payment in the last 2years) ???

In my case although I am a full time employee but my wife does not work. Apart from the language and integration certificate does she has to provide anything else ?

@umaarsaid001 Thank you😊.

so theres a need for proof of economic contribution( either as an employee working for the 468days in the last 5years or as a self employed person, showing that your made social contribution for atleast 6 trimesters/quarters in the last 5years).

and who is applying for nationality soecifically, you or your wife?

@vaibrasil thanks sir

well i got a letter(convocation) from the commune to come apply for my F+Card(permanent residence card).So i went and applied, although my intention was to apply for nationality with just the F-card i had, but since i got the F+ Card a week or so after, i applied with the card i had at the time,( the F+ card).

but ive read and heard that the type of card you apply with is inconsequential, either F or F+ ( so far Belgium has been your REGISTERED place of residence for the last 5years).

i think you should be good, just wait 😊

@gempdemp

we both will apply together along with our son. but she never worked. will this cause an issue in her application ?

@umairsaeed01

I cant really speak on this as my knowledge is limited to a family member of an European citizen applying. Perhaps inquire diligently at the commune for specificity.

Good luck😊

@umairsaeed01 why don't you apply first and she applies when you get your nationality, as a Belgian spouse she'll have it easier since she doesn't work. It's better you do your own first and within 4 months you get your nationality.

@Grace Great

Actually that will be the olny way to go, in case one of you do not fulfil the economic integration requirements

@Grace Great @Red Devils hooray

thanks for the suggestion, perhaps it seems the only way around. However currently she has a B card so we should apply an F card first and then for citizenship once I get it or keep going on with the B card?

B card is perfectly possible for Nationality declaration.note that you need to make an inventory on which of you and how you fulfil the social, linguistic and economic integration criteria. There are different ways of fulfilling that criteria.

Just to let you know, my spouse decided not tp work for the past few years. Due to the fact that i am now belgian, and so is our daugther, she was able to apply to her belgian nationality only fulfilling linguistic and social integration requirements. She had the B card.

@Rd Devils hooray Normaly, for the renewal of Residence permit, IBZ asks for integration proof. What did your wife provided throughout those past 5 years?

@ARMaliq

Easy, her registration to the gym

@Rd Devils hooray And that was accepted? And when she got new residence permit, how much is the validity of it.

Yes, it was accepted. Notan issue. We jad Deloitte help us,and for them this was normal.

Her card is/was valid for 5 years