BELGIUM NATIONALITY 2023

Hello Everyone

i applied for natiionaliy on 12.01.2023 and after one month police checked my addresse and did the interview. my birth certificate is uploaded on mon dossier website on 17-04-2023. It is almost 4 months and 15 days. i called the cummune and they said to wait. My question is what should i do? what law says? is it normal ? is there anyone who is facing the same issue?

Is it the act of birth ?

also it's 4 months as of the date your file was sent to Brussels and not the date you applied.

Hello Everyone
i applied for natiionaliy on 12.01.2023 and after one month police checked my addresse and did the interview. my birth certificate is uploaded on mon dossier website on 17-04-2023. It is almost 4 months and 15 days. i called the cummune and they said to wait. My question is what should i do? what law says? is it normal ? is there anyone who is facing the same issue?
-@FAHAD CHEEMA

You should wait, my friend has been waiting for nearly 6 months already with no negative reply!

There is no written timeframe that you could find. Its simply called Administrative delay. Fyi, I used to ask my lawyer to ask them and just one day later I got an email from the commune!

Hi everyone, just to share my case here:

I applied on December 19th 2022 in Etterbeek and haven't received any notification by mail during four months. On my proof of reception it stated that the file was transferred to the prosecutor's department on the date of application.

Today (4 months and 8 days after the processing deadline) I went to the city hall, and the clerk said that I should receive my citizenship since the prosecutors can't reject the case after four months. However, the city hall cannot register me in the system yet, because they need a favorable note from the prosecutor's department to do so. The clerk told me that the prosecutor's department is currently understaffed, so the note might be delayed to up to 6 months after the application date.

So I'm quasi-Belgian now if nothing goes wrong. Hope this information helps!

@saad.s it is the same i applied and commune did farward the file on the same date. from yesterday i m now unable to log in mondossier website. may be within few weeks the response will come.

@saad.s it is the same i applied and commune did farward the file on the same date. from yesterday i m now unable to log in mondossier website. may be within few weeks the response will come.
-@FAHAD CHEEMA

It means that they processed your nationalite.

That is the moment they disable your certificate inorder to register you as Belgian per their work instruction to avoid double certificates at the same time as its previously found in the past. Hence, it means that you are Belgian.

@peterjohn1104 i think so... i called commune but they told me to wait for the letter so after you can take appointment for the e card. Lets see one more week may be.

@peterjohn1104 i think so... i called commune but they told me to wait for the letter so after you can take appointment for the e card. Lets see one more week may be.
-@FAHAD CHEEMA

My commune sends mail. So yeah. That depends on the commune. Registered letters take more time to reach you instead of an email on the same day infortunately

Hi all , yesterday I checked mondossier and downloaded CERTIFICATE OF NATIONALITY , did not receive any letter from city hall . I can book appointment in city hall to apply for ID card and Passport ? Or I have to wait for letter from city hall ?

Hi all , yesterday I checked mondossier and downloaded CERTIFICATE OF NATIONALITY , did not receive any letter from city hall . I can book appointment in city hall to apply for ID card and Passport ? Or I have to wait for letter from city hall ?
-@andrew77

Hello. How much time it took in total? And i think you should wait for an invitation from the commune.

@ABS25 2 months 16 days , all my files in mondoussier noted nationality belg

@ABS25 2 months 16 days , all my files in mondoussier noted nationality belg
-@andrew77

Wow. Super quick. Which card you had when applied for nationality? Because i see that your card is not de activated which normally happens when nat is approved.

@andrew77 had the same. Went to the commune the next day as it was already issued 3 weeks ago. They said they forgot to send the letter so no problem going there proactively. You are already a Belgian, it's really getting the id

@ABS25  Hi , L card 10 years

@saad.s  So I just take an appointment for me and children show them Nationality Certificate of Belgium and they will issue new ID and Passport ?

Hi , please can someone share his experience , I saw my Certificate of Nationality in mondossier , booked appointment after 2 weeks , planning to travel for 10 days , any experience that card will be blocked ? as someone told it can only be blocked in city hall or they have to inform in advance

Hi , please can someone share his experience , I saw my Certificate of Nationality in mondossier , booked appointment after 2 weeks , planning to travel for 10 days , any experience that card will be blocked ? as someone told it can only be blocked in city hall or they have to inform in advance
-@andrew77

If you are planning to travel soon for 10 days, you can ask the commune to get your passport and ID without waiting for invitation from them. It depends on the commune if they will work like this or not. But since they forgot to block your L card and send you an invitation, they should not have an issue in applying for your ID without an invitation.

Is there any body who got nationality in Brussels 1000?

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the application for nationality. my wife will be getting a PR in June 2023. She has to switch jobs during this period and she will be joining the new job only in August.(due to contractual obligations with former employer). She is employed till may 2023. She has completed 5yrs of uninterrupted work.  will she be allowed to apply for PR ? if she is allowed to apply will this gap in employment for 3 months create any problem. Please note at the time of application she will already have 5yrs of uninterrupted employment. Please do share your opinion.

@FAHAD CHEEMA @saad.s could you tell me about the birth certificate from Pakistan? Was it freshly attested from MoFA, Translated and legalized by BE embassy ISB?

Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding the application for nationality. my wife will be getting a PR in June 2023. She has to switch jobs during this period and she will be joining the new job only in August.(due to contractual obligations with former employer). She is employed till may 2023. She has completed 5yrs of uninterrupted work. will she be allowed to apply for PR ? if she is allowed to apply will this gap in employment for 3 months create any problem. Please note at the time of application she will already have 5yrs of uninterrupted employment. Please do share your opinion.
-@anonymous mister

Its hard to give a legal advice. According to them, singple permit is granted based on work permit so as far as your job is valid then residence permit is valid hence single permit is valid.

But I could not say if its considered interrupt neither!

For me, I would never leave any single day gap between changing jobs. Its my experience. I asked the Work office and they help me to organize the validity of two jobs permit so I did not have any gap.

So, you may choose.

@FAHAD CHEEMA @saad.s could you tell me about the birth certificate from Pakistan? Was it freshly attested from MoFA, Translated and legalized by BE embassy ISB?
-@ARMaliq

I would also like to know this :-)

@ARMaliq I followed these steps indeed. I had another friend who didn't apply for a fresh copy, the commune said they will file the application but there is high chance his file will be rejected. At the end he got the citizenship as well so not really sure about the “issued 6 months ago “ rule.

@ARMaliq I followed these steps indeed. I had another friend who didn't apply for a fresh copy, the commune said they will file the application but there is high chance his file will be rejected. At the end he got the citizenship as well so not really sure about the “issued 6 months ago “ rule.
[email protected]

Have you also translated or just legalised in english.

@hssn601 Translation is mandatory.

@hssn601 French translated

I have a question regarding nationality requirement: Do you have to be working for 5 years completely or you need to be resident of 5 years with permanent residence and working for 468 days minimum?

I have a question regarding nationality requirement: Do you have to be working for 5 years completely or you need to be resident of 5 years with permanent residence and working for 468 days minimum?
-@ARMaliq

Your later is correct if you want to go the acquisition path as an independent person (employee, self-employ).

@ARMaliq you need to be a resident for 5 years. The 5 year of employment essentially covers your language &  social integration, so essentially you can apply without sending proof that you know one of the national languages and social integration.

@saad.s Hello Saad, Thanks for your reply. I would like to consult with you regarding the application and its requirements now that you have gone through the procedure and knows better all aspects of fulfilling the requirements. Is there a way I can have your contact? Don't share it here but send me an email? My email is [email protected]. Many thanks!

@FAHAD CHEEMA

@Muhammad Hanif69 Hi. For people who got rejected, was their birth certificate never uploaded on their profile?

Is there any body from Commune B1000 got their birth certificate uploaded? I find it weird that they did not do that for me!

@peterjohn1104 I live in Ghent. After interview with the police I checked on mon dossier and I found my birth certificate there. When did you apply?

@peterjohn1104 I live in Ghent. After interview with the police I checked on mon dossier and I found my birth certificate there. When did you apply?
-@Chika Irene

i got nationality last month. But they did not upload it.  So I would like to check to see if its differ between regions or not.

@Chika Irene  What was the interview with the police like? Do you recollect how long it lasted? How long between your application and the visit from the police?

@woodcook hi! My interview was super fast, I don't think it lasted up to 15 minutes. Police came by 3 weeks after I submitted my documents. I wasn't home so she left a note to call her. I did and we made an appointment for the interview at the police station. She asked when did I come to Belgian and for what purpose. Where and when did I start working. What my boyfriend does for a living.  How much I earn. It was just basic and we also talked about my kids. It was more of a chat and laugh for us. She is the coolest!!

@Chika Irene Thanks a lot for the response. Best of luck.

@woodcook

Do you know what is the rationale for this?

I had an orange card for 6 months which led to an F card (reuniting with a EU resident here). However, since then, he has gotten his Belgian citizenship.....

I am doubting whether the orange card period will count for me (!?!?)  At the moment I had my orange card he was non-Belgian but at the time I apply for my nationality they will see that he is now Belgian.

@woodcook

Do you know what is the rationale for this?

I had an orange card for 6 months which led to an F card (reuniting with a EU resident here). However, since then, he has gotten his Belgian citizenship.....

I am doubting whether the orange card period will count for me (!?!?) At the moment I had my orange card he was non-Belgian but at the time I apply for my nationality they will see that he is now Belgian.
-@QGH 931

i am not clear. You said you applied F card when your husband is non-Belgian? Is that possible?