Particular CPR case

Hello,

First off I'd like to thank everyone for their generosity in this forum. It's been a great resource. I've been looking through a lot of past posts trying to make sense of my own situation, but I can't quite find a match.

I'm a foreigner (non-GCC), moving to Bahrain to be with my fiancée. She's Saudi and is working in Saudi, but lives in Bahrain. She has a Bahraini CPR but is not a citizen. We're getting married in the coming months.

I am hoping to get Bahraini residency as well. And this is what I seek guidance on. I'm wondering:

1. Whether I will be eligible a CPR after we are married. Would my (future) wife be able to apply for a dependent visa on my behalf if she is either (a) not working in Bahrain, or (b) only working part-time in Bahrain?

2. What the criteria are for the “talented” stream of the Golden Visa (or otherwise), and whether I might qualify. What constitutes “sufficiently talented” here? Is it enough if I meet the 4000BD salary criteria for the other streams of the visa?

3. And what is the bar for entrepreneurial experience? I have started a company in the past, but that's in the past.

I recognize that getting a work visa is the obvious option, but I hope to keep my current remote job. Though this begets a fourth question:

4. Is it possible to get a work visa through a PEO?

Any guidance would be very, very much appreciated.

- A

Have done a little more digging and learned a bit more. Regarding #2, because of this message (https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 76#5587184) I'm now curious whether one can apply as "Retired" even if they're effectively not retired, but are working for a company outside Bahrain/GCC (i.e. remotely).

I do have an additional question for anyone here: how does one go from Golden Residency to CPR? Is the residency, the medical exam, and the municipal "Address Certificate for CPR" all that is needed?

I think you need to split apart and understand a few concepts.

The most important thing is your right to legally reside in Bahrain. That is provided by a residence visa which is given on the basis of work, investment etc. A CPR is just an identity card with a unique number that is provided to you once the criteria of legal right to stay has been established (the number itself is generated and listed on the visa that is issued i.e. work/golden etc.....the process for the card comes after). That card allows you to open bank accounts etc. and the number is linked to all your services inside Bahrain. But a CPR standalone means absolutely nothing for an expat............you can't enter or leave the country with it (for that you need your passport and residence visa...........in fact, on entry or exit from the country, NO ONE will ever look at your CPR). You cannot get a CPR without having legal right to stay in Bahrain so that always comes before CPR and then the CPR is a formality.

Your financee can only sponsor you for a family residence visa once you are married, in Saudi and in Bahrain (if she has registered here as a resident). Without marriage, there is no sponsorship to be had. A work visa through a PEO is a possibility but the PEO agency has to be established in Bahrain as a company - this company then hires you as an employee and provides you a work visa............to keep it simple, ONLY Bahrain incorporated companies can provide sponsorship i.e. work or investor visas.

Forget about the talented scheme of the Golden visa.  The criteria is not clearly listed and it is quite subjective. Most people who are get it are well known and accomplished in their fields.......think researchers, scientists, athletes etc. If you are not prominent at an international or at bare minimum, a regional level........I wouldn't even bother to apply.

On the topic of "retired", as I mentioned in the thread, I know people who have applied and gotten it. We are waiting for the definitive response from some of the posters who are applying now.

On your additional question, again, forget about the CPR. Focus on the residency. CPR is immaterial.  For Golden residency, there is no medical after visa is given (only a health check done by yourself before). Once you get the visa, there is a personal number in it and you can use this to apply for CPR..............alongside an address certificate or an electricity account under your name. 

@XTang I am blessed by your generosity, thank you for the clarification. Clarifications.

I'll keep an eye on the Golden thread and will post to it if I discover anything myself.

Thanks again.