In a bad situation regarding my Visa & NOC

Hi Everyone,

I have been living in Malaysia since 2016, after completing my graduation from a Malaysian university I started working for a company. After working with them for 2 years and 9 months I decided to join another company for better opportunity. Once I got a job and informed my employer they said they will not issue me a NOC and I can leave the country and come back as they will cancel my visa (CAT-II valid until 2023 March 15). So I exit Malaysia on 15th Nov 2022 and immediately sent my passport copy with exit stamp to my employer to cancel my visa. They uploaded to MDEC portal and informed me that the VISA has been cancelled. So my new company applied for my new application to MDEC. And this is the response they received from MDEC. ....

Please note that the application has been returned due to following reasons:-

1. Since current pass (under XYZ) is still valid, please request applicant to cancel current pass before we could proceed further. Otherwise please resubmit the application once current pass has expired (15 March 2023)

2. Please upload copy of release letter from former company for issuance of acknowledgment letter. The acknowledgement letter is required for the former company to physical cancellation.

3. Please upload copy of tax clearance letter and update the income tax SG number in the system

So now when I contacted my former employee they said I need to go back to Malaysia to get a physical cancellation and then come to my home country and then ask my new employer to apply again but they will still not issue a NOC.

... Can anyone please help me or guide me in my current situation that what am I supposed to do. Is there anyone I can reach out in Malaysia immigration office for help. If I have to come back to Malaysia is there anyhow I can arrange a way that I can stay in Malaysia while my visa being cancelled and issued by my new employer.

Visa Category II

Working in IT sector.

I believe my old employer submitted CP21 for Tax Clearance.

Thanks 🙏!

Hossain

What is the problem here. It is so simple, your former company had to do the Hard cancellation for you.

Then your new company can initiate a fresh EP application.

You don't have to go back to Malaysia. Don't come back in Tourist VISA as it will further delay the process.

If they are not cancelling then ask then for the authorization letter so you can cancel it yourself in MDEC.

I hope you have completed your tax clearance while existing Malaysia. So you must have your tax clearance letter as well.

@Debasis_Nayak

Thank you for your quick response. The issue here is my old Employee Pass is valid until March 15th 2023. As per my old company for hard cancellation I must enter back to Malaysia or else they can't cancel my pass.

Entering back to Malaysia, cancelling my visa and then come back to my home country require time and money as well. And new company joining date is from 1st of Feb 2023.

So is there any other way around ??

Your old company can do the job in one letter. Please push them. Like he said, get the authorization letter and  contact MDEC idrectly.  or else ask for a solution from MDEC. Call them directly from your country. MDEC customer service is good.

@mail2zumry

Thank you for your feedback. I will try to contact MDEC customer service department.

Thanks 🙏!

Now it looks like my old employer is not willing to help me in any shape. Not going to give me any letter or cancel my physical visa. The only reason they did the soft cancellation and confirmed me that my visa will be cancelled it's because they wanted me to leave the country. Now once I left the country now they are just playing with their words.

Hi Everyone,

So I contacted MDEC and MDEC requested my old employer to cancel my visa. After receiving that email my old employer sent me a notice that I breach the contract while working with them and I went to a client intentionally and said bad things about the company. All those are false allegations and it was never raised while I was working with them. I resigned and they accepted my resignation served notice period and left Malaysia on 20th of November. All I have been requesting to old employer to cancel my visa so that my new employer can proceed.

Is it valid that a employer can raise allegations after more than 60 days of resignation?

What should I do now ?