Getting bsn as temporary then working without any permission

Hi, I read some articles about working and getting bsn. Can you verify my understandings?

I am citizen non eu country. İ have 5 year residence permit in eu country. So I can move in Schengen area without visa and I can stay until 90 days.

Then;

I can come Netherlands without any permission and i can rent a house. First 5 day i can apply BSN for short term stay. Then I can search a job. When they decide to work with me they only need BSN. So I can work with this BSN. Employeer will not want any work permit he will register me on his company. Everything is true?

@Bolognaolanda never heard of a temporary BSN, it used to be if you had a temporary job you could get a bsn (or SoFi nummer as it was then) because everyone it entitled to it, but at that time I was an EU citizen, after brexit i had to apply for residency. So i imagine you'll need an inburgering (Dutch language cert plus citizenship test)  certificate

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Based on what you've told us and to answer your questions:

• I can come Netherlands without any permission and i can rent a house. No
  • First 5 day i can apply BSN for short term stay. Then I can search a job. No
  • When they decide to work with me they only need BSN. So I can work with this BSN. No
  • Employeer will not want any work permit he will register me on his company. No
  • Everything is true? No

Schengen visas are for a temporary stay (up to 90 days in a 12-month period) on business or just visiting friends or colleagues; you cannot find work on a Schengen visa and not all EU states have signed up for it.

Temporary BSN or BSN, the only difference is the name of the database; the temporary database was created so that individuals or companies working in the Netherlands for a short duration could access things like a doctor, bank accounts, rental cars etc. Not all municipalities operate a temporary database.

As a Turkish national, while you don't need a visa, you do need a residence permit in order to live and work there permanently. There is a thing called "Residence Permits according to Association Law", you can read it on the Dutch Government (IND) website; this link will take you straight to it; from that, you will see that you do need a residence permit. There are many residence permits offered in the Netherlands, this link will take you to the Dutch Government website that lists every one of them. Assuming you have no family already living in the Netherlands, you either need to have a skill that is required in the Netherlands and then find a job with a company that will sponsor you. You can then apply for your temporary residence permit. It's not easy because it has to be for a unique job that nobody else in the Netherlands who is already looking for work can do.

Once you've done all this and have arrived in the Netherlands, you have 5 days to make an appointment with the Municipality (Gemeente) so you can register and then get your BSN, this can currently take up to 4 months which can be a nuisance.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Cynic Thank you for your respond but maybe I culdn't explain myself.

I didn't mean Schengen visa, I mean residence permit in eu country. But also can you answer both situations;

If I have Schengen visa I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database?

If I have residence permit in eu country I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database?

If I can't do why?

According to law in both situation I have right to get BSN. Nevermind work.As a normal person.

@Cynic Thank you for your respond but maybe I culdn't explain myself.
I didn't mean Schengen visa, I mean residence permit in eu country. But also can you answer both situations;
If I have Schengen visa I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database?
If I have residence permit in eu country I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database?
If I can't do why?
According to law in both situation I have right to get BSN. Nevermind work.As a normal person.
-@Bolognaolanda

Hi again.

To answer your questions:

• If I have Schengen visa I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database? No, a Schengen visa is for a temporary visit of not more than 90 days, you may not register (so get a BSN), or get a job while using a Schengen visa).
  • If I have residence permit in eu country I can rent a home for 90 days. Then I can get BSN in temporary database? No, in as much anybody can take your money off you if you want to hand it over, but you will not be able to register at that address because you are in the country using a Schengen visa. There is no value in using the temporary database, you have to supply the exact same information, in the same format, in the same time frame as using the permanent database. The BSN you get is the same.
  • If I can't do why? I've explained why based on the information you have provided, the fact you don't accept (or like) the answers is your problem, not mine. If you wish to ask somebody else, then the IND have a contact section on their website (link); phone them and ask.
  • According to law in both situation I have right to get BSN. Nevermind work.As a normal person.  If you think you have these rights as a point of law, then my advice is to go and speak to a lawyer. The issue of a BSN is not a right, it's a registration number allocated to a person who has registered with the relevant municipality (Gemeente), you can only do this if you have the relevant residence permit.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

To add; I've just read in another post that somebody else has done what you want to do; so all you can do is try.  Come to the Netherlands on a Schengen visa and go and try to register, see how you get on.