New members of the France forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the France forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in France if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi there! I am a roofer from the north east of england! Currently would love the opportunity to work in france.. would appreciate if anybody has any leads thanks!

Hi there! I am a roofer from the north east of england! Currently would love the opportunity to work in france.. would appreciate if anybody has any leads thanks!
-@mickyflowers82

Sadly we can not help with any jobs as Expat.com isn't a Job Agency, due to Brexit life has become a lot harder for UK citizens unless they hold an EU passport.  You can look at the job section on the page and upload your CV there that is as much we can do for you.

Good luck

SimCityAT

Expat team

@Julien thank you,I'm David andrea from south Sudan, need to living in France because south Sudan is not good for young person like me, because it can't give  opportunity to young all around  the country,l hope if I will in France my dream  will come to pass, thank you.

Hi all,

I am Sananth, I am a student in Rennes School Of Business and from India, this is my second week in France.

Any idea of finding a part time job where I can deal with English because I speak English. If anyone can help just provide me with your informations. 

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board and thank you for your introduction.

For first-hand infos, please read the articles of the Living in France guide for expats to gather as much information as possible about formalities, visas and work.

Should you need more infos after reading, you are most welcome to open your own thread on the France forum.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Salut,

My name is Liam and I moved to France late December with my wife, who is French, and our little boy who is about to be two years old and of course being raised bi-lingual. We are currently staying in st-jean-de-monts thanks to family but we have bought our house in La Gacilly in the gulf of Morbihan in la Bretagne and should be moving in in about 6 weeks. We are very excited.

I am a writer and also a holistic hypnotherapist and my wife is a teacher. I just thought I would join this group both for personal reasons, making friends and meeting people but also for my work, in case there are people who would like to see a hypnotherapist. I currently work online which i find works brilliantly but once installed in our house in La Gacilly in April I will have a home office and clients can come see me in person if they prefer. I am looking to work both in English and French, for the time being mostly in English as my French isn't quite there yet, but should be by the end of the year.

Hope to meet people as I start my new French life

Merci beacoup

Hello Everybody,

My name is Chris.  My wife, Vivienne, and I moved finally into what was our maison secondaire in November 2022.  We are now here for good.  I am a retired biochemist, now just over 80.  Our house is near Beziers in l'Herault in the south.

hello

Hello hasnain495,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Anything we can do for you?

Are you planning on relocating to France anytime soon?

Feel free to ask your questions here. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi, I am a newbie here at expat.com and I don't even know how it works1f600.svg

I am living in Nigeria and I would love to move to France if I get a visa sponsorship job.

Hello Ladyaalia,

Welcome to expat.com!

What are your academic qualifications? In which sector would you like to work?

Do let us know so that it's easier to help you1f609.svg

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee Thanks for asking. I have BSc.Ed in Business Education, Certifications in Customer Service Skills, Project Management Fundamentals, Customer Care Skills and Telephone Etiquette, Understanding Medication For Caregivers, and Diploma in Caregiving. And I also have four years of experience in Customer Service. Aside from that, I can do call center jobs, receptionist jobs, cleaning jobs, and lots more.

Hello Ladyaalia,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Feel free to create your CV in the Jobs in France section of the website so that we can share your ad in our newsletter.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien

Hello sir

My name is Ujoumunna Chiamaka Stella

Am from the Eastern part of Nigeria 🇳🇬.

I will love to migrate to France to live and work there so pls I will need your assistance

Hello Chiamaka Stella,

Welcome on board !

Please go through the articles of the Living in France guide for expats. They contain all the information you need to know to make a smooth move to France.

All the best

Bhavna

Hi all,

I am Valerie, Franco-American settled in the South of France department of Hérault. I now live near Béziers. I lived in the US for a long portion of my life, New Delhi India, Tunis, Tunisia, Paris, Brussels as the wife of a Diplomat. Brussels is where I was last for 6 years, and my children finished their schooling. Back in France to be near my family and start a new life with a new business. Looking to build connections with expats in the region near Montpellier, Beziers, and/or Narbonne. I hope to talk to you soon!

Hello All

I am a physiotherapist (Australian trained working in aged care and private practise) and pilates instructor (UK trained) currently in central Queensland, Australia. One daughter is in Monaco and one in London. I am planing to return back to the northern hemisphere and starting to look for opportunities.

Regards

Noni

@Noni Beasley you are most welcome dear. Wow you have such a great experience being trained in Australia and UK

Hello my friend good evening

Hello albertoandrew00,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do let us know how we can assist you1f609.svg

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hi,

I'm a UK/US citizen, living in California, planning to become French (just waiting for paperwork to file) and move to France. My wife is French, and I lived and worked in France for 4 years in the 1990s, but I'm sure that a lot has changed since then.

Whilst I've researched taxation, I will have lots of questions about the practicalities of moving, especially cars and property.

Thanks,

Roger

Hello everyone and welcome on board !

I hope you will find all the information to make your expatriation successful.

Please feel free to participate on existing threads of the France forum or create your own topic should you have any questions.

All the very best

Bhavna

@mickyflowers82 Hi! Can't help but I have a question that only a roofer can answer. Is the reason French houses are always so cool in the daytime during summer( without aircon) due to those curved tiles they always have on the roof? Maybe because they reflect the suns rays but dont absorb them? Always wondered. After living in hot boxes in Melbourne( 25° at 1AM in the summer) I wondered if those French tiles had anything to do with it?

We live in a "New Build" the roof construction is different to the Uk, possibly Australia.

The French do not place flexible sheeting delivered in rolls between the roof trusses and the battens on which the tiles are placed.

Thus a void into which air can circulate, wasps, bees, etc build nests in it!

On our home there is 25cm 10 inches of insulation.

In winter if we return from a holiday in the UK it can be 0 outside but 15 inside.

In the summer it can be 30 plus outside 17 inside.

The French wall insulation is so much better.

Double glazing to, with 25mm gap between panes of glass.

Yes. I figured insulation and double glazing had something to do with it, but I've been in old, new and even "council houses"( HLMs),where I'm currently living, and they're all wonderfully cool in the hot summer. They all have those tiles in common though.

Bonjour à tous,

I am pleased to be part of this community. I am French and i help talented expats to speak French and thrive in their life. I would be happy to guide any one who feels has some dreams or projects to be revealed to the world.

Catherine

@Julien

Hi all,

This is a very special year for me as I'm revisiting my Paris friend from our days studying at the Sorbonne some many decades ago (notice I left that indeterminate!). In the meantime, children have grown, I have a fractional ownership development company in France and in Italy and have just partnered with ExPat to help others who seek to actually OWN here but for one to three months a year. Glad to be on board!

Welcome on board fpshares !

When is your arrival due ?

All the best

Bhavna

I am a pastry Chef  first I am looking job

maybe next month I come from

Hello Kamal HArischandra,

Welcome on board !

Please create your CV in the Jobs in France section of the website, however bear in mind that we are not a recruitment agency and can not help you land a job.

Also please note that there is practically no demand for foreign labour (outside Europe) in the field of pastry chef as France is internationally renowned for promoting local skills in that field.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Bonjour,

I plan to move to France in the Fall 2023 from North Carolina.

I hope to find other seniors 60+ to share and exchange

information and ideas of where to live and how to acclimate

to the country. Je vis avec un chat, Sky and une chienne, Hope - -

(sauver des animaux) I live with two rescues, a cat, Sky and a dog, Hope).

I am a college math instructor and teach online so my schedule is flexible.

I am doing my homework and studying French with Duolingo, a free app.

and taking notes as I learn more about the country. : >

Merci beaucoup,

Barbara

I am the son of a Vietnamese expatriate who came to France in 1956 during the Évian agreements I live in France in Marseille I have returned twice with my mother and the thread that connects me to my country of birth are the television channels and  online documentaries

i am a student from ghana living at Dunkerque

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Please don't hesitate to initiate a new discussion on the France forum and let us know exactly how we can assist you.

You are welcome to ask questions about any topic.

Additionally, I encourage all newcomers to read the Living in France guide for expats.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello Simon Joseph Udo,

Welcome on board !

How has been your training so far ?

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hi everyone I'm Andrew and was a chef for 54 years, widower and now retired.  I am a Brit who left the UK in 2010 and moved to Zambia and bought a guest lodge - which I still own and can't sell. I have friends who live near Beziere and have encouraged me to move to France. I presently live in Cyprus but to be honest it's not realy what I want.

I would like to join this group to help me with more info.

I love market gardening ( father was a farmer ) and am looking to rent a small holding with cottage if possible.

Thanks for taking time to read this.

Andrew

Hello and Welcome Andrew !

Hope you will enjoy the forum.

Feel free to create an advert in the Housing in France section of the website to get some offers.

You may also read the Accommodation in France article to know more about rentals/housing and popular websites.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hi All,

From England and starting a new chapter in Grenoble, looking to connect with others in the city.

Feel free to get in touch.

FAB

Moderated by Bhavna 11 months ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Closed