Frankfurt EU blue card

I am an Indian citizen and arrived in Frankfurt on a Family reunion visa which is valid for 90 days (expiring 20 Jan 2023). My spouse is an Indian Citizen and  EU blue card holder. I started permanent employment in Frankfurt with gross salary eligible for EU blue card . I want to apply for a Blue Card before my Family reunion Visa expires , I have already sent several emails to the Local Immigration authorities in Frankfurt as mentioned in the below website, as well as tried calling them on Monday between 8.30-12.30 hrs on the prescribed numbers.Till now, no one has returned the calls and no reply to my several emails.https://frankfurt.de/service-und-rathaus/verwaltung/aemter-und-institutionen/ordnungsamt/auslaenderbehoerde/neu-terminvereinbarungenSomeone please urgently help me to get an appointment for EU Blue card at Frankfurt: Arrived in Frankfurt on Family Reunion Visa in Nov 2022 Started my permanent employment with an MNC in Frankfurt in mid Nov which makes me eligible for Blue cardCity registration completed in Stadt Frankfurt Health insurance, Tax ID, Bank account already obtained.I urgently need an appointment for Blue card in Frankfurt. Does anyone know whom to reach out ? What is the procedure?

A Family Reunion Visa is, by definition, a residence visa and does not expire (as long as the preconditions are met). It is usually renewable in three year intervals (although sometimes only one year is given).

I assume you mean your initial visit visa - in which case the "expiry" is the date until which you have to apply for the actual residence permit. If so, did you already apply, or at least ask for an appointment to apply? If not, I strongly advice you do take care of that first and postpone the Blue Card until you have a residence permit!

Foreigners Authorities ("Ausländerbehörde") in Germany are almost generally inefficient, overworked and difficult to deal with. Unfortunately there is no alternative to dealing with them. The only thing you could do is moving to a place with a (slighly) easier to deal with office and apply there.

On the plus side, your current visa will not expire as long as you have asked for an appointment (but please do so by registered letter, so you have proof it was delivered). But, unfortunately, you then cannot travel outside of the Schengen area until the residence permit is issued (which can take months).

@beppi

I appreciate and thank you for your response.

For clarification, my temporary Family Reunion Visa has a validity of 90 days. I was asked to contact competent Alien's Office upon arrival  in Germany to get appropriate Residence permit.

It seems in Frankfurt, request for appointment of Residence Permit can be made only through email. I am very conscious as I have only 60 days left before my temporary Visa expires.

However, I will also send the request for appointment through post as per your advice.

please feel free to advice further. This is indeed very helpful

Interesting thread. Normally a family reunion visa/residency is not limited like claimed. On the other hand, one needing an A1 German exam to qualify is sometimes exempted if there is not a reasonable condition in their home country to learn German and take the exam.  But then the exam needs to be done in Germany within such a limited time.

Generally, exceptions to time limits might be given if the person makes every effort upon arrival to get the needed actions done but the delays were not thier fault. But this needs to be documented. In can very well be tht a website says that appointments can only be made one way and are not available within the time needed. One should get screen shots and document it!

But it would be worth calling other offices of the local department for foreigners to ask about how to correctly deal with the situation. Maybe best to get a native German speaker to assist one in the inquiries.

@TominStuttgart

Thanks. Its really sad to see that the process is not streamlined or transparent. On the mercy of authorities to get appointment  . fingers crossed.

thanks once again for trying to help out.

@TominStuttgart
Thanks. Its really sad to see that the process is not streamlined or transparent. On the mercy of authorities to get appointment . fingers crossed.

thanks once again for trying to help out.
-@abhishekzspace

Usually such things should not be a problem but Covid has had a large impact. Most things are open and Covid regulations have mostly been eliminated. But many workers quit during the past couple of years. There are extreme shortages in many fields. Nurses, teachers, truck drivers - and civil servants that do the work in such government offices are missing in great numbers. In Stuttgart they made it easy to get many official things done in neighborhood "Bürgerbüros" rather than at a single central office. But the one in Stuttgart-West near my house is closed until further notice and one once again has to go to the main central office  - and make appointments for many procedures. It's all because a lack of workers rather than a lack of transparency or organization. A reduced work force and a backlog of work...

@TominStuttgart thanks for shedding some light on the state of affairs.  I will be visiting Auslanderbehorde this week and will drop application request in the letter box

@abhishekzspace

Rumour has it that the ABH in Frankfurt has over 15,000 unanswered emails. Emailing them probably won't get you far.

Are you still in temporary accommodations? If you are still looking for a long-term term rental contract, I'd suggest looking for an apartment in the suburbs so that you don't have to deal with the Frankfurt office.

@Sunshine03

I have already taken a permanent apartment in Frankfurt. I have already registered in the City as well.

would you suggest what needs be done. As per above suggestions, I have dropped my application at Auslanderbehörde letter box.

@abhishekzspace

Congratulations on finding an apartment so quickly. Unfortunately you are stuck with the Frankfurt office, which is supposedly a nightmare.

I just re-read your earlier posts. Your spouse has a Blue Card for Germany and you entered Germany with a D Visa valid for 90 days? What exactly is written on your visa? Does it say "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet"?

@Sunshine03

familiennachzug erwerbstatig keit erlaubt

Hello abhishekzspace,

If you wish to participate in this forum, please write in English only, as this is an English-speaking forum. 1f603.svg

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl  Hi Cheryl the user above   asked me what was mentioned on my visa. I have replied to that. These words were in German, hence using german. Is there a compulsion not to use german words in any way ?

@Cheryl Hi Cheryl the user above  asked me what was mentioned on my visa. I have replied to that. These words were in German, hence using german. Is there a compulsion not to use german words in any way ?
-@abhishekzspace

That is fine, but you also have to write in English because not everyone understands German.

Ok, now I understand better.

Thank you for this little explanation @abhishekzspace

As SimCityAT mentioned, not everyone understands German, so next time you can just accompany your message with a few English words. 1f609.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

@Cheryl

I think it is great that you are making an effort to moderate the forums and ensure compliance, however, when discussing what visa or permit a foreigner has it is very important to know the exact wording on the permit and this is only in German for all permits issued by German authorities. There is no point is discussing the translations of these conditions because the German words have a very specific legal meaning.

@Cheryl
I think it is great that you are making an effort to moderate the forums and ensure compliance, however, when discussing what visa or permit a foreigner has it is very important to know the exact wording on the permit and this is only in German for all permits issued by German authorities. There is no point is discussing the translations of these conditions because the German words have a very specific legal meaning.
-@Sunshine03

I am sorry, you are in disagreement, but just writing a few English words to explain what was written in German helps those that don't speak German.

@abhishekzspace

You can start working with this visa and even continue working until a decision is made on your application. The only problem is that it might be difficult to compel the ABH in Frankfurt to actually do their job quickly and issue your residence permit. 

I would suggest going in person to submit your application for a residence permit and see if you can obtain a Fiktionsbescheinigung (theoretically they are obligated to issue you one before your visa expires). I would recommend making copies of all your documents as well as the originals so that you can just leave the copies with them and show the originals if they want to see them. If you can't get the Fiktionsbescheinigung, try to at least convince them to issue you an acknowledgement that you've filed an application and give you an appointment.

Keep in mind that the office is overwhelmed and they're probably not going to want to deal with your application now, since your visa is still valid for another 2 months and they'll be giving priority to applicants whose visas or permits are expiring in the next few days.

Good luck!

@Sunshine03

Thank you for your detailed response. Past week, I have dropped the completed application form alongwith all relevant documents in their letterbox. I am also planning to send them application and document copy through post (so that I may have an evidence).

However there is an issue,  I need to be present for my sister's wedding in India, which is planned just 3 days after my visa expires. I am in a BIG fix. As I will not be able to travel unless ABH gives me fictional certificate