Menu
Expat.com
Search
Magazine
Search

Today's Weather

3.40pm and just had proper thunder, you know the loud sound and you think the house could shake any minute. With that, its starting to rain, again. This time its starting to come down heavy.


Good for the flowers, and the bloody weeds. They will shoot up everywhere. Its good for the lawn, it won't look like a hay field.

1 member reacted to this post
34°C atm, we are having scattered showers, which is great, the soil has time to soak it up. - @SimCityAT

No sign of rain whatsoever.  Blue skies all over and the sun beating down on us. It's not actually pleasant at all even though we are on holiday. I might say I'd prefer we were at home where we could at least have the airco on.


Looked at the radar and you've got heavy rain and lightning.

1 member reacted to this post

Just took a screenshot


1787234195_1062367_810592_1.jpg

1 member reacted to this post
34°C atm, we are having scattered showers, which is great, the soil has time to soak it up.  - @SimCityAT
No sign of rain whatsoever. Blue skies all over and the sun beating down on us. It's not actually pleasant at all even though we are on holiday. I might say I'd prefer we were at home where we could at least have the airco on.
Looked at the radar and you've got heavy rain and lightning. - @fluffy2560

Even on holiday, it's not much of one if you can't enjoy it. I can take so much heat, and I do have olive skin, so don't burn. But I'm not one for sunbathing. I would rather enjoying the scenery, but can't do that in high temperatures, unless you are in the shade and there is a breeze.

1 member reacted to this post
34°C atm, we are having scattered showers, which is great, the soil has time to soak it up. - @SimCityATNo sign of rain whatsoever. Blue skies all over and the sun beating down on us. It's not actually pleasant at all even though we are on holiday. I might say I'd prefer we were at home where we could at least have the airco on.Looked at the radar and you've got heavy rain and lightning.  - @fluffy2560Even on holiday, it's not much of one if you can't enjoy it. I can take so much heat, and I do have olive skin, so don't burn. But I'm not one for sunbathing. I would rather enjoying the scenery, but can't do that in high temperatures, unless you are in the shade and there is a breeze. - @SimCityAT


No sign of extreme weather here at all other than tbe heat. Bit hazy in the distance. Free fireworks tonight for the National Day.


I do agree, if one is not comfortable, what's the point other than the lounging about.


It's dusk now and just pleasant. The day was utterly oppressive heat wise.

1 member reacted to this post

Currently, 14C, with a forecast high of 16C at midday.


Headline news today is El Niño which is quite worrying as apart from the local effects it has on Central America, it also has a knock on effect on our weather in Europe, with this year's heat waves being blamed on what happened this year.  The European Commission have published a news announcement, this link will take you straight to it.

1 member reacted to this post

Down here in Balaton,  we caught a front crossing from West to East and around 4am, we had thunder and a shower but as I was asleep most of the time, I never knew anything about it. 


Apart from everything being wet outside, you'd never notice it had rained at all. We're expecting high 20s, early 30s for the day. 


Looks like El Nino is just the latest disaster pattern driven by human influences to cause mayhem.  El Nino and La Nina have been around for years but it seems it's more in the news.  Will anyone give up flying or stop using their fuel burning cars.  Nope, I doubt it.

Down here in Balaton, we caught a front crossing from West to East and around 4am, we had thunder and a shower but as I was asleep most of the time, I never knew anything about it.
Apart from everything being wet outside, you'd never notice it had rained at all. We're expecting high 20s, early 30s for the day.

Looks like El Nino is just the latest disaster pattern driven by human influences to cause mayhem. El Nino and La Nina have been around for years but it seems it's more in the news. Will anyone give up flying or stop using their fuel burning cars. Nope, I doubt it. - @fluffy2560

We used to use Jetstream when guessing at flight times from Calgary/Edmonton back to Brize Norton.  Crew used to laugh at our fumblings, but it gave us something to tell the passengers before the crew turned up and gave us the real numbers.

1 member reacted to this post

It's just started raining down here. Says at 20h, 94% chance of rain. And heavy, 10mm.


We don't guess the jetstream as our roaming distance is not more than about 20km and we can see the clouds from here. Sometimes we cannot even see the other side of the lake which is about 8km away. That's if there's rain around. There's also the basalt remains of a couple of volcanoes 🌋 which are super visible. Microclimate for vineyards.


We do need to know if we'll get wet at the restaurant. About as serious as it gets. Sunday our time is over here for this year and we'll be back at Tuffy Flowers. First job is to pump out the pop-up pool.


Reminder to self: learn more cloud names

18C, with a high not much more than that later in the day. I've had to wear a long sleeved t-shirt today, which normally indicated the end of summer for me, it's been a tough summer for most of us, so perhaps a sign of a good thing  coming.

1 member reacted to this post

Stormy looking Balaton. Still about 24C but I've not committed to swimming today. You can see how low it is because where I took this picture there is normally about 30cm or 1 foot of water.


1787412769_28600_810592_1.jpg

HU:


24C, 51% humidity, UV 4.2 (high but locally lower with cloud), wind 2.0 m/s from NE, sunset 19.38h.


Barometer is showing sunshine with some cloud.


We had a shower this morning. I doubt the drought is actually over.  Bit of rain isn't enough.


I'm thinking about what I have to do outside before the weather gets the better of us.  Sweeping up, weeding,  hedge clipping, maybe mow the dust patch (lawn), finish my internet based birdbath.

Storm brewing


1787923435_1062367_810592_1.jpg

Still hot 31°C

Oh dear; makes our 19C and light showers seem lucky, it rained last night and we've had a few passing showers this morning, but it's really nice atm.  They're forecasting heavy rain when I drive to pick up Mrs C from work at about 4 pm.  Forecast for the weekend is a bit warmer (22C), with sunny spells.

Storm brewing 1787923435_1062367_810592_1.jpgStill hot 31°C - @SimCityAT

Same here, really sticky.  I was out walking the dog and it was 28C.  Earlier in the day, it was 30C.  I'm not seeing any clouds of any significance.   I shouldn't be walking the dog in heat BUT we were in the forest it's cooler there, maybe mid-20s.  It's sunset at 19.36h so it'll be much cooler in the dark (in theory).  It's still 28C.


Tomorrow (Saturday):


1787938011_28600_6136085_1.png

1 member reacted to this post

Got strong winds, of 80km/h no rain.

1 member reacted to this post

Currently, 18C with light rain.  Outlook through the Bank Holiday is drying out, then it gets  warmer to 21C by midweek, then it cools down to a season normal, low 20C with a bit of rain now and again.


While I was out with Boris this morning I noticed the grass is now picking up its normal colour; good news, I hope that's the end of the abnormal weather, but I suspect my hopes will be dashed.

1 member reacted to this post

Looking at Tuffy Flowers' weather station, I can see:


24.5C, UV 0, humidity 51%, wind WNW, 3 m/s, sunset 19.34h.


Weather reports online said 30C so that's apparently rubbish looking at my own weather apparatus and No. 1 eyeball.


It looks like rain.  I've been busy, fixed/secured a toilet seat (it was loose), done a bit of garden stuff, tidied some boxes  and looked at my new car batteries.  Mrs F made some sugar free scones.  She's got a "hen party" this afternoon in town along with our daughter.  Both have been invited as a HU relative is getting married.   Thank God, I'm not invited. I've got some wiring to do in the bathroom and roof space.  Failing that, there's always some cowboy movies from the 1960s or 1970s.

Currently, 19C with intermittent showers/sunny spells; forecasting heavy rain this afternoon.

Currently, 19C with intermittent showers/sunny spells; forecasting heavy rain this afternoon. - @Cynic

Lucky you.


At Tuffy Flowers, it's 13.10h and already 30C.  Humidity 32%. I went in the sun to move something and it's very hot - brutally hot.  And it's 3.3 UV (cover yourself up territory). Pressure is 1014hPa and sunset is at 19.30h


According to the official forecast, tomorrow will be thunderstorms and a bit of rain.   My eye. I believe it when I see it.  One of our trees looks like it's very sick from lack of water.  I've been watering it so maybe it'll get its leaves back.  Such a shame as it was doing so well.  So we're still watering using the hose pipe.  No sign of any downpours - no clouds to speak off (just high ones very scattered).   I doubt we'll get any rain until mid-September.

Currently, 17C with a forecast high of 20C; partly sunny, it's a really nice day.

1 member reacted to this post
Currently, 17C with a forecast high of 20C; partly sunny, it's a really nice day. - @Cynic

I was just putting new batteries (yes, plural) in my hobby car and it was 34C and sunny. 


Just a few hours eariler it was even warmer with brutal sunshine.


Now a massive front has arrived and it's completely cloudy BUT still about 32C.


There are warnings of thunderstorm.  All I can say is bring it on.  We really need some rain.  It's as dry as a bone out there.

Today's story is high winds. Gusts up to maybe 5 m/s.


Otherwise, 26C, sunny, UV 3.3, humidity 42%, pressure 1017 hPA static, sunset 19.28h.


High winds also had thunder and lightning but it was over in Budapest.  It missed us completely.  I saw some spots of rain but it came to nothing.   The wind is welcome as it moves the heat around.


It's pretty bad in the sun still.  Not as bad as it was but not particularly pleasant.


I think I'll mow the grass.  That's bound to make the rain gods angry.  If I was to wash the car or put the washing out, then definitely we'd get some relief.

16C and cloudy for most of the day; that said, we're still getting a limited solar download, so not all bad.  Forecast for the weekend is warming up and sunny into next week.


Probably be a busy weekend as senior daughter is getting ready to move back to Holland and start her new job, so she'll be moving back into our house for a couple of weeks and will need some help in sorting that out.

1 member reacted to this post
16C and cloudy for most of the day; that said, we're still getting a limited solar download, so not all bad. Forecast for the weekend is warming up and sunny into next week.Probably be a busy weekend as senior daughter is getting ready to move back to Holland and start her new job, so she'll be moving back into our house for a couple of weeks and will need some help in sorting that out. - @Cynic

It's 26C here and we're expecting up to 30C as seems to be normal these days.   


The big thing in Hungary are the large swings.  We can have  30C in the day and 15C at night.  It's a bit of a range.


Today, there's wind 2.0 m/s NNW gusting 4 m/s, UV at 3.2 (high), 1016 hPa pressure, sunset 19.22h.


It's Friday, it's the weekend more or less.  Starts here 2pm when everyone leaves work and with a bit of heat, they all rush to Balaton. 


I am trying to get up some enthusiasm to do something outside while there's opportunity. I've got some minor painting cum touch up to do.  Meanwhile, I am day dreaming about my shed plans.

Today's Weather:


21C, some short rain but just droplets, 51% humidity, very dull and cloudy with heavy clouds, wind 1 m/s from SW, UV 0, sunset 19.20h.


As usual, the promise of rain but no action - some garden action with tidying up.  We've got visitors - No 1 HU daughter's friends and uni colleagues will be here for fashion photography (!!).


The view from my roof (at 13h):


1788605367_28600_810592_1.JPG

We're getting some new warm weather.  It could be up to 26C by the weekend.


Today it's 24C, slight wind 2.5 m/s from N, sunset 18.56, UV 3.1 (moderately high).


The wind is annoying because it was blowing leaves around while I was sweeping up. 


Thinking of going to Balaton for the day on Saturday.  We can take back bed stuff we washed and cleaned and collect a very old bench which I can renovate - sand wood, repainting, perhaps a bit of welding to fix rusty frame bits etc.  I've got to have a project beyond simple DIY to fiddle with otherwise I'll go mad - it's time to do jobs while it's not so warm.

Currently, 15C with a forecast high of 16C; cloudy with a chance of rain throughout the day; humidity 72% and pollution is currently low.

1 member reacted to this post
Currently, 15C with a forecast high of 16C; cloudy with a chance of rain throughout the day; humidity 72% and pollution is currently low. - @Cynic

Over here, I think it'll be warm for a few days, then it'll plummet.  At night, we're starting to talk about heating.  Over here, we usually do not need heating until the end of October.  During the day, it's all open windows and doors and even with ceiling fans on.   We do not put the airco on.  We've got the heating options of gas central heating, the heat pump/airco and "emergency" wood burner.  Gas seems to be still available despite the wars.  The water shortage at the nuclear power station seems to have abated.  If we need a bit of heating, I think we'll go for the wood burner.   We have literally tonnes of wood.


Meanwhile:


22C, bright sunshine and blue skies, UV 2.5, pressure 1013, 45% humidity, sunset 18.54h. 

Today's Weather:


Our heatwave has proved to be short lived. I'm seeing only 18C on the Weather Station BUT the wind is really building up.  1.7 m/s from WNW - getting blustery and maybe we'll see some rain.  We simply are not getting enough I was planning to turnover the front garden but it's still rock hard out there.  We're still having to water the garden. 


We lose a couple of minutes a day now as we grind on down to 21 December and the Winter Solstice.  I should dust off my druid outfit ready for that event at Stonehenge.


On, and BTW, today it's sunset 18.48h. 


1789993781_28600_810592_1.jpg

1 member reacted to this post

HU Weather Update:


Rain!  3.8mm today. It stopped me working outside.  I was on bench repairs and painting - using an angle grinder with a "flap" wheel and a high speed wire brush to get old paint off.   Maybe I can resume tomorrow as sunshine is predicted.


Meanwhile, it's much colder 12 C, wind 1 m/s from South, pressure 1016, no UV, sunset is 18.42h. 


Really dropping back on sunset. Not so long before the clocks change - maybe 25 October, 2am.   We'll lose an hour of daylight.

Today's weather:


What a super looking day.  22C expected this arvo with no rain and sunny blue skies.


My weather station says 20.5C, 46% humidity, 1022 hPa relative for pressure (high), wind ESE 1.7 m/s.   Sunset unfortunately at 18.38h today  as the days get shorter.  Temps are also dropping now at night to 10C.   


Won't be that long before we reach below zero - end of October.


It means wearing a light coat by the time the sun starts to go down.  We're looking at finding our winter stuff to be ready - hats, gloves, boots and generally warmer duds.

Almost alien sunset tonight in Hungary. 


"Red sky at night, shepherd's delight, red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning" - we used to say that.


1790527509_28600_810592_1.jpg

1 member reacted to this post

Uk Weather


1791555981_1062367_810592_1.jpg

Uk Weather
1791555981_1062367_810592_1.jpg - @SimCityAT

Yes, saw that.  There's more HU drought news here.

Further reading