Online shopping in Jordan

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Jordan? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Jordan?

What is the delivery process like — is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello,

Unfortunately I have no idea on online shopping as I've never done it in Jordon, sorry.

Abdul Hakim

Online shopping isn't really a thing in Jordan yet.  For one, you don't get mail to your house (my street didn't even have a name, nor did I have a house number).  I did rent a PO box once, but the only letter ever sent to me was returned to sender for some unknown reason.   Two, shipping to jordan is expensive and can take forever.  Three, import taxes are very high.  As much I am a fan of Internet shopping elsewhere, I never found it worthwhile in Jordan.

Priscilla wrote:

Hello everyone,

Shopping online can be far more convenient and offer greater choice than going into shops, be it grocery shopping or retail.

Are there options for online shopping in Jordan? Which sites or apps do you use most frequently and are these local or international?

Are there particular products that are cheaper to buy online or that are perhaps not available in Jordan?

What is the delivery process like  is it easy to receive deliveries and what are the costs of shipping? Are there any taxes to pay upon receipt?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hello Priscilla ,

There are some online shopping options that are quite good , and I do use them between a while when I need it , all of them ,deliver to doorstep with no problems at all , what is also cool in my opinion  about these online shopping sites ,they have a payment service which is cash on delivery besides other payment methods .

Online grocery shopping for example ,you got www,khodarji.com or cozmo.jo
I shopped from khodrji and really loved the vegetables and fruits they delivered were fresh and clean.
I also found CashBasha.com ,vogacloset.com .
Personally I used cashbasha several times for some online shopping as there are some cosmetics products are not available in Jordan or less expensive in my opinion  . There is also local liquor online shopping store  site  Khalafwins.com

All of  these online sites require your phone number to check with you about purchase and the delivery process and usually the total coasts are listed in including the shipping and delivery before confirming the purchase .

Anyway , I think before making any online purchase in Jordan ,check if there is any other cheaper options around and then do the math .

Peace and blessings