Customer care in Jordan

Hello everyone,

The way customer services are handled can greatly affect your views on certain brands, products, companies or stores. As a consumer, it is important to get familiar with local practices regarding client assistance in Jordan and try to understand how things work in the country.

How would you describe your customer service experiences in Jordan?

Do you feel welcome when you enter a store? Do you get useful tips and advice?

Are after-sales services available in Jordan?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

I gave it 50%

@ shobaki > Maybe you can give us more details please?

Thank you :)

Priscilla

Alwayes depends on the comapny..
there some who cares about custmer try to help them to the max..  and there who hire un qualified people in this postion,  there no super vision on them..  even if u hear on phone when u call "this call under quality assurance "

In mobile comapny once i call CS..  they try help me.. polite peron answered me..  but he doesnt know who to help.. he can solve 75% of problems of frequency question but in deep he could not

Agree.

When I want to buy fresh meat or chicken in a supermarket, often I see four or five men hanging around one man who cuts the meat while the amount of customers growing at the other side of the counter while watching these men watching the cutting man  :mad:

Or when you want to buy an electric appliance, they can't provide more information what's on the label attached at the appliance. Better check the internet before buying so you can lecture them instead of you.

And don't get me started the after sales services. It's not the first time I get my appliance back in a different condition than before.

There is no Yes or No answer. Some days you come across wonderful treatment and some days so awful that you think how are they still in business. For instance, yesterday I went to Smart Buy on top of Cosmo building to buy new batteries for my financial calculator. After inserting into the device, it did not work properly...I've asked for a refund or exchange to a new one, they refused that the package was opened. Its a very small amount, bu that is not the point. I gave 100s of JODs business to the same store in the last couple of years, now they lost me for their lack of attention...I also go to Buffalo Wings and Rings in Abdoun quiet frequently and every time I get amazed by lack of training in staff. At any given time you will find at least 10 staff on the floor talking to each other rather than attending customers. I am not even mentioning having to repeat ourselves several times to different waiters...

But I have also seen outstanding services especially from high end resort hotel personnel...Anyway, these are my two cents on the topic.

Mehman

It's good and bad like anywhere. I usually find people quite willing to help you, sometimes too much? Lol.  But if it's something that requires a line (like the meat counter at the supermarket) you kind of have to be forceful to be served next.  One other thing that used to annoy me but now makes me chuckle is that I feel like if you ask a question or ask for something they don't have that sometimes people make up an answer or tell you they are getting that item in tomorrow.  I actually exchanged a stove twice with no problems.

Unfortunately, services are not on the top of the list and requires lots of work and training to improve it.

I think they are not good qualified

They can start to say at least goodmorning /afternoon when you enter and smile.
Works as a charm.

And don't go to another customer while you are middle in a conversation or closing a deal.

One of my pet peeves as well: finish with one custtomer, then move to another one..i had to make couple of nasty comments to sales people that it was unprofessional to do so, but that serms like a cultural issue and won't be resolved anytime soon.