Help! Wanted good English children books

Hi all

I am trying to find a variety of children books. Tried Titles and the bookstore in Mecca Mall but limited variety of children books.

Then I also tried bookdepository.com. Its free delivery but I suspected I wont be getting my order (waited for 2 weeks already). I am not sure if it is because my residential address has no PO Box or its stuck at the customs.

Can anyone advise me if it helps to get a PO Box or if there is any good bookstores in Amman that sells english children books?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome on the forum tmyclark :)

I hope other members will be albe to help you soon ;)

Regards
Armand

thanks armand. i hope so too!:)

if i was you i wouldn't order any thing off line..because most sites dont ship to Jordan..try city mall thats all i can say...its a 3ed world country i mean what do you expect...

Try Hakawati.   Their phone is (06)5561466  hakawati.jo

They have books in english and they also offer classes and activities for kids.

The Children's Musuem has a library but you can't borrow the books.  You can only read them there, but they have a good selection.

try Jordan Book Centre Co.
Tel: 5151882-Fax:5152016
[email protected]

thanks moud23 - bookdepository.co.uk does mentioned on its website that shipping is free to jordan. i suspect its because I do not have a P.O Box address.

thanks wintersolace - I have visited Hakawati. They have the best selection of English children books for purchase. Second is the bookstore in Mecca Mall. Third is Virgin in City Mall has only limited selection for 4 years and below.

@tmyclark

Hi there - sorry I know this is a bit sarcastic but if you are waiting for the postman - there isn't one.  You could try to track your parcel through the bookdepository website - see who the shippers were ie DHL, Aramex, and then go to their office.  That's what we do and also my friends.  Sometimes you have to go to several offices before you find where your parcel is and sometimes they say they have it and its still in customs.  There are many book shops in Rainbow Street area and Books@Cafe have a big English section book shop.  Hope this helps.  PS if you need directions email me.

Brit in Jordan wrote:

@tmyclark

Hi there - sorry I know this is a bit sarcastic but if you are waiting for the postman - there isn't one.  You could try to track your parcel through the bookdepository website - see who the shippers were ie DHL, Aramex, and then go to their office.  That's what we do and also my friends.  Sometimes you have to go to several offices before you find where your parcel is and sometimes they say they have it and its still in customs.  There are many book shops in Rainbow Street area and Books@Cafe have a big English section book shop.  Hope this helps.  PS if you need directions email me.

no worries. i got it.. good advice. :)