Close

Getting married in Brazil, Permanent Visa and documents required

Thank you Jim, for your quick response. Is there an up to date link with the documents needed?

MotoEspresso that's of course a matter of opinion. But it is a genuine relationship and as you know being a resident of Brazil will not provide me with the same opportunities and social securities as the U.K, so I feel I am not 'gaming' Brazil. I just want to stay with my partner, legally and happily :)

Here is the link based on marriage

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … -casamento

Jim

THANK YOU!

For the below declaration what would I need to get to prove the below point?

Declaração de que não se encontram separados de fato ou de direito, assinada pelo casal, com firmas reconhecidas;

Also I have this and apostilled from my home country but is there a time limit on how recent it would need to be? Last time it said 90 days for my student visa but this time it does not say anything.
Declaração de que não foi processado ou condenado criminalmente no Brasil e nem no exterior se não for casado há mais de 5 anos

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

The documents cannot be more than 180 days old. It used to say that but I see it does not anymore. The declaration of crimes is a document that you sign stating no criminal record in Brazil or abroad. When I did mine the Federal police had the document. I filled it out and signed in his presence and gave it back to him. Others on here have said they had to have it notarized. 

Jim

Thanks Jim!!! You're an angel.

In regards to the document about proving you're not separated. What's this?

Nikola Grace :

Thanks Jim!!! You're an angel.

In regards to the document about proving you're not separated. What's this?

Just a letter you both sign saying you're still living together and still together as a couple.

Mike is correct. I think you need to go to the Cartório and get it notarized.

Jim

That's what we did.

Thank you both of you. Very helpful.

I think you need to go to the Cartório and get it notarized.its better for stay here.

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil