Travel to UK with F+ card (post Brexit)

Dear all,

First, this topic exists from 2020 but since then Brexit has introduced new rules to travel therefore asking current advice.

I am a holder of a F+ card (Indian passport) and my wife is Belgian and we have lived together in Belgium since 2013. Prior to 2020 I always took an EEA Permit (free of charge) to visit the UK but at some point realized this was not needed if I was travelling with my wife then the Covid pandemic hit and post Brexit rules went into effect. 

Now looking to visit the UK and see that we do indeed need a permit to visit even if my Belgian wife is with me. 

Based on this I have made an application for the permit which itself is free but the application center (TLS) is charging me EUR 120 just to book the appointment which kind of defeats the purpose of having this privilige to travel with a related EU citizen on the permit without any costs. 

Anyway, I will pay this fee as I must travel but wanted to hear back on other's experience about this if you have visited the UK lately. Especially if you had to get the permit or were able to pass through immigration controls in the UK with just your residence card and being accompanied by your EU spouse/relative.

Seems it maybe time to apply for the nationality to avoid future hassles of visas.

Looking forward to the comments.

Thank you!

TLS itself is a RIP off. They try to make it as tricky as possible to force people pay for an appointment.
Just select some more inconvenient time slots and should be free. Basically people have to choose in paying TLS 120euro for a convenient slot or lose more or less 120euro net salary by taking 1 day off work to attend an appointment.

Regrading Brexit, I think now you would apply for a normal visa unless your wife used to live in UK prior to Brexit
Since you have already have F+ best go for a citizenship process.. For the moment apply normal visa.

If you need help for paper work. Feel free to contact me.. Good luck.. 😉

@Edigj Ok I think I missed this point about here having lived in UK because for the EEA Permit which I received several times prior to Brexit was only based on both our IDs + marriage certificates. This is even worse than before for long term residents with EU spouses.

@Kdeepak Thanks for your reply! Which paperwork are you referring to - visa or nationality?

@newleo for citizenship

Current ID
Original Birth certificate
Integration and language certificate.

Full Working timeline with salery slips and annual tax papers. (Minimum 468 days working needed during the 5 years time)

(Optional) Education Certification if you have done during the 5 year in belgium. Hours has to be mentioned in certification.