Canadian nurse wanting to work and live in France

Hi everyone. I have always wanted to do travel nursing in my life but don't know how to go about it. I don't want to go to the states and would rather try to find a way to work in Europe. I am either looking at the UK or France. I want to know if France has any English hospitals for expats or if French is truly required (I speak the language on a beginner/intermediate level). If anyone knows of any international travel agencies please let me know or if this is even possible to be done. I know the pay is lower in Europe compared to Canada but I more so looking for the opportunity to live there temporarily
Hi everyone. I have always wanted to do travel nursing in my life but don't know how to go about it. I don't want to go to the states and would rather try to find a way to work in Europe. I am either looking at the UK or France. I want to know if France has any English hospitals for expats or if French is truly required (I speak the language on a beginner/intermediate level). If anyone knows of any international travel agencies please let me know or if this is even possible to be done. I know the pay is lower in Europe compared to Canada but I more so looking for the opportunity to live there temporarily
- @Bumblebee995

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You need to speak French to a high standard in order to work as a nurse anywhere in France; this link will take you to the website of the Regulatory body that administers this.

Once you have got to the website, it is a lengthy document, to save yourself some time, conduct a search for the word "language"  and it will answer your question.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

https://thefrenchadobo.com/a-guide-on-h … in-france/

If I was in your shoes Bumblebee I would come to France for a couple of months to get a taste of the country, the people and the possibilities ...

Marcel

@vsam I've been to France twice! I started studying French out of high school and have always a desire to immerse myself in the culture. Most recently I went this year and it only further my desire to go there. As I am a registered nurse in Canada I would like to also find a way to work there and not live off of savings

oops sorry, i didn't know ...

from what I read, you will have to pass exams (but I am not even sure about the exact procedures )

This site talks specifically about Canadian nurses in France :

It seems that you will have to learn the French language very well before being able to work here as a nurse. But nothing is impossible and medical professions are really needed.
just found this : they must be able to give you all the info needed :

@Bumblebee995

Why not try and connect to a Nurses Group in France, look for a job, or make a connection through any medical group or friend. To get into France with a Long Stay Visa and get a CarteSejour you need a job or classes. You could even work French Canadian connections. Start asking people for connections.

John