How to find a job that sponsors a visa

Hello, I am an American citizen married to a British citizen, and we are interested in living in Marseilles or Barcelona, but we would need visas in order to stay longer than 3 months. Does anyone have any insight on jobs that sponsor you with a work visa? I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and my wife in English Literature, but we also have TESOL certificates and have experience teaching English. We are open to trying new types of work too, though.

Bonjour,

I am self employed and doing BnB at my house. I think self employment is good if you can speak French. In jobcentres they require B1 level now, it used to be A2. Good luck, France is so beautiful and people are very polite and charmimg but BREXIT has caused many blocks and delays. I voted remain, I wish we were back with the European Union or in the single market for trade. Businesses will go bust. best wishes to both of you

Thank you very much! Would self employed get us a long stay visa?

Yes, you can get an Autoprneur visa for one year by being self-employed. renewable each year.  Check out this website: https://www.startbusinessinfrance.com/ I haven't used her service personally but she seems to be focused on this area and seems smart.

If you want to get a CDI through sponsorship you can with a basic level of French B1. Mechanical engineering is a field where they will overlook fluency in French. Your wife can get a CDI through a kid's language school of some sort. It's a long shot though but you will never know until you try. You need to master french in either case. I've heard Spain is more expat-friendly.

Hello! Good evening from here. I am a Ugandan citizen interested to study a masters  and get a job in France. Is it possible to find a sponsor that can help me with either one of two or both. Thank you

Good luck on this site, sylviaketmah26. Almost nobody bothers to reply. Why? Because nobody uses it.

@chris48oconnor

Honestly, the biggest roadblock to immigration in any country is the visa. And this site sees more than its fair share of requests for jobs, visas and other “sponsors”.

I am still stunned by the number of people who proclaim “our country to our citizens” but think they can move to another country without any restrictions.

So if you have a solid expatriation project, this site is helpful. If it's more of a random “I am in X country and want to move to Y country” with no research or thought behind it, no, this site can't help. We're here to help with practical things, we can't get around immigration laws of specific countries or randomly sign up to be responsible for strangers.

Personally, I also struggle with super generic questions like “I want to move to the US”. What do you want me to answer to that? What's your immigration status? Where in the US do you want to move? What type of job are you looking for?

Easy to criticize, not too easy to actually truly help. Especially when people won't even bother doing the most basic research (i.e. google) on the basic steps. If you TRULY want to move to another country, one would assume you would AT LEAST do minimum research on how to go about it.

@chris48oconnor

Thank you for your advice

Good luck on this site, sylviaketmah26. Almost nobody bothers to reply. Why? Because nobody uses it.
-@chris48oconnor

Yet you replied, and obviously are using it. 

Maybe if you offered some useful info, it would improve things for yourself and others.