Irish moving to montpellier, looking for work and friendship

Hi, I am Irish/Canadian. I am currently living in Cork, Ireland but my partner and I are moving to Montpelier in a few months. He is french. I am looking for work over there but don't know where to start as my french is basic. I am looking to find an english/irish bar or call centre for english speakers or even work as a nanny. If anyone has any info please pass it my way. I will greatly appreciate it. I hope to make friends soon. Gingersnap

Hi Gingersnap!

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Armand

thank you. I don't know where to start on this everything is so new. Al I know is I can't wait to move to france :)

Hi!
There are several Irish pubs in Montpellier: there is  O Carolans Irish Pub ,5 r Petit Scel,0033467609818 and
Fitz-Patrick'S Irish Pub , 5 r St Côme ,00330467605830.
I'm sure there are a couple of others too.You also have The English Bookshop,a mix of bookshop and café.
lebookshop.com/

Good luck in finding a job-and welcome to Montpellier.You will love it!

thanks for your help. I will be over on holidays in 4 weeks so I will check everything out and try to get a job asap!! I guessed there would be a lot of english store etc there. I am really hoping to get into an english retirement home if there is one as I am a carer but for the first few months i am happy to work in a pub and make a lot of friends and get a great feel for the south. I am so excited about the move!!