Late Residence Card Renewal - Type A

Hello Members,

I was due to renew my residence card by March 3rd 2022, but I did not as my husband had to renew his single work permit as well. Being his dependent I thought I could not renew mine unless his isn't ready. His was delayed and hence I waited (which was a mistake) to apply for a renewal.

So now I wanted to know what are the consequences if I applied too late for my residence card renewal? I am still waiting for confirmation from the IBZ office and haven't heard anything from then since 2 weeks - 3rd week running.
This wait is really stressing me. Is there anyone else who has faced this situation?

Thanks

Hello,

I guess you've been to the commune to start the process of renewal, right?
Hi Alex,

Yes i have already been to the commune and submitted the documents. I shared all my documents with the commune on the 23rd of March and the commune shared the documents with the IBZ office on the 4th of April.
@Kumarani mine is 1000. My wife extended on Feb, lets say Monday, they asked for additional proofs the next day, we sent additional files to the commune on Wednesday. Friday, the ministry approved and we are invited by the commune to order the Card. Actually, we did not expect that fast. It could be upto 12 weeks or just… any day in the future…

I suggest that you mail your commune and the ministry to ask for your file's status (tell them your id and situation…).

@Peterjohn123 Hi peter, thank you for your response, i actually finally received my card today. :)

Hi Everyone: Below is my experience on how this whole thing went.

1. So basically my application went to the IBZ office on the 4th of April and applied to my local commune on the 23th of March.

2. I waited for 2 weeks after the 4th of April and emailed the commune about my status they kept saying no response from ibz office.

3. My friend who had applied visited the commune instead of emailing them about her application status as she had to fly to india on holiday and apparently her decision had arrived quickly before me but there was some issue with the CPAS and they wanted the CPAS to be updated to her name and not her husbands.

4. Well now i freaked out because i did not receive anything! So i immediately visited the commune the next day and apparently my decision came in really long back but with a mistake where they added my husbands name on the ibz form instead of mine. That was their mistake from the ibz and the commune people never checked the details before replying back to saying 'no decision'

5. Evere commune: Lesson learnt: I would not trust emailing them next time asking for status its best to visit there and find out why something is taking too long.

6. They asked me come back in one week as they asked ibz to correct that mistake, i went in again yesterday and nothing was corrected. they asked me wait and they called the ibz guys over phone and then after around 45 mins he told me i could apply for the card. So i applied for the express one and received my card today. They also apologized for the confusion.

Hope this helps someone in the future :)

Thanks

Anisha

Hello everyone

I have applied for my residence card in July,through Commune,they send me Anexure 15 in August,since then I m waiting for their invitation...Recently in October 13 I called IBZ office and they said they have sent my file to Deurne Commune...since then I m waiting for invitation from Commune, mean while I tried to contact Commune, they didn't respond well..They only told me you will be informed wia email...Its already 3 .5 months I m waiting...Can anyone can sugest how low it takes to get invitation from Commune after the file is passed by Ibz office...thank you

I got mine after 2 months of waiting. Have the police visited you yet? If they haven't the commune can't do your final registration

@Kendy Makere yea Police verification done...The file is for residence card renewal

Hello All,

I have applied for my husband's extension in the commune after his expiry card. We have submitted all the required documents in our Turnhout commune and waiting for the IBZ decision. My husband is working here.

we didn't even receive Annexure 15. what would be our situation now? Apart from submitting the required documents anything else should take place.MY commune keeps saying that they applied for extension and we need to wait for their decision.I applied for the extension on Nov 19th Commune filed on Nov 20th,his card expired on the 14th.we stressed out with this.what could happen at this situation?

Same situation happened for me, i actually applied for extension 1 month ahead of expiry but i missed an email from them asking for documents and saw that email on the day of card expiry and replied and then it took 2 months to get the approval from ministry and process the rest in another 1 month, luckily my work permit was indefinitely valid and the commune failed to check that and asked me to get the approval from ministry and the ministry after 2 months sent a letter that my old WP is valid and residence can be granted. but if WP is not valid then ideally we should not work, this happend during my 3 renewal, when i applied 2 months in advance but WP approval took 3 months and untill the WP was approved (1 month inbetween) i did not get the normal salary but was provided as a loan and couldn't work for about 20 days in that period.  thats according to the rules and employer should be made aware of this.

Ideally should be about 1month

@AshwinInBelgium did you manage to get permanent residence (B or L card), even with that "gap"?

@AshwinInBelgium

Thanks for your quick reply. Are you a dependent? If so how do we get a work permit my husband's work is now based on the RP card. we are still waiting for DVZ's decision. can you please give us any suggestions on how we can proceed without RP card. so we can share this option with our employer? We are afraid that they say no as an employee.

@residencecuriousity I got B card, 5 years validity, to be noted there is no gap in my work permit and i applied before mt residence card expired, which means i have not violated any rules.

@Karnampavithra1995 Legally you should not work without a Workpermit, but you can without a residence permit. if you work without WP it is a problem for both employee and employer. I'm not a dependent, I'm the main WP holder. It is better to consult this matter with a lawyer and get their legal opinion and I would suggest don't risk by working without complete knowledge on this.

@residencecuriousity I got B card, 5 years validity, to be noted there is no gap in my work permit and i applied before mt residence card expired, which means i have not violated any rules.

-@AshwinInBelgium

Did they grant you B card after you request A card extension after 5 years, or you had explicitly to request it?