Driving on Provisional License after 10 PM

HI Folks,

One of my friends received his provisional license recently. He was driving back home and the police stopped him, the time was 10.30 pm. It was his first time driving and he miscalculated the departure time and explained the same to the police. The license and car documentation was complete. The police noted his details in a simple notebook but didn't give him any official document. They informed him that he will have to appear in court after he receives an official letter.

Did anyone had any similar experience? What are the potential consequences (fines/suspension) for him? What are the timelines for such notices and appearance in court? What will be the court's approach as it's only a first offense?

Thanks in advance!
I never experience it but it seems the fine isn't that low if you compare to all those speeddevils who drive pass me daily at highway

€400-4000 fine

"Een voorwaardelijk/voorlopig rijbewijs legt de houder ervan grenzen op. Zo mag u niet na 22 uur of in het weekend rijden. Doet u dat toch? Dan rijdt u rond zonder geldig rijbewijs en riskeert u een geldboete van 400 tot 4.000 euro."

https://mijnboete.be/rijden-zonder-rijbewijs/#:~:text=Een%20voorwaardelijk%2Fvoorlopig%20rijbewijs%20legt,van%20400%20tot%204.000%20euro.
Hi @Avalu ,

Thanks for the details and sharing the link, it clarifies the legal standing on the matter.

Thanks again