Tourist visa

My mom applied for tourist visa , but I don't why mumbai Embessy has forwarded the application to Belgium for taking decision.

Do any one had this issue?
Do you know if the visa was granted or not ?
If so how much time do they take to take the decision.

Hi Arya,

This is a usual process. Embassy submits the file to Belgium Immigration Office for the decision.

In my case Belgium immigration office rejected my mom's application stating weird arguments. That was start of covid so I didn't appeal. However in many cases application is approved as well.

How long has it been since you submitted the file at Mumbai?

You may track the application as well.

Follow the instruction here.

https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/ … visa/india

Regards,
Shally

How much time did it took for you to receive the decision from embassy

My mom submitted on Monday . How much time did they take to convey you the decision

Can you please tell us the requirements needed to bring your mum or dad?

You would likely get a decision within a month's time. If it's late then usually it would mean a negative decision. My decision came after 2 months of time.

Oh okie thank you . I am really worried . Earlier The decision used to be taken in Mumbai and was never forwarded to Belgium for tourist visa.so this really suprised me and I really want my mom to be here 😢

There are two ways, one is applying tourist visa for them. One thing I understood is that if they have a good bank balance, not travelling alone (just your mom or just your dad), then usually it is approved.

Second way is to use VISA-C-Family-private. In here you will have to get a guarantee letter legalised by commune etc. I haven't applied yet but I will try this early next year. Ppl I know have applied tourist visa only so it will be first time for me as well. Duration for both is same (max 3 months in Belgium).

Follow here

https://india.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/ … visa/india

vijeshally wrote:

This is a usual process. Embassy submits the file to Belgium Immigration Office for the decision.

No, this is not the usual process.
The usual process is that your file is perfect (finance, accommodation, insurance, ...) and you get your short stay visa in 15 calendar days maximum.
If the file has been sent in Brussels, then it means that there's a problem in the file. (and the visa officer probably did write about a problem in your case)

The Embassy of Belgium can not deny a visa, only the immigration in Belgium can.
But the Embassy can grant a short stay visa without Belgian's immigration approval if the file is perfect.

==> there's a problem to proof your mom will come back home no matter what before the visa expire, finance issue, whatever... and immigration will decide if she can receive her visa or not.
If she got denied for this visa, next time, no matter what, the file will be send to Brussels's immigration, even if the file is perfect.

You talked about finance, my mom is plus 50 yrs en does she needs bank statements or all de documents I have to provide them?

of course...

that's the basic to show that:
1) she can travel as she can provide for herself (EVEN if somebody is her financial guarantor to invite her in Belgium)
2) she'll get back home, no matter what, because she has a job + accommodation + family + ...
3) if she get a high enough salary, immigration in Belgium will believe she'll goes back home and she'll not stay illegally in Belgium ==> compare to Belgian salary ==> +/- 1500€ after tax minimum or "big" bank account

You've to understand the immigration (of any country), their only goal is to make sure if they allow somebody to come for tourist/family visit, that they'll go back home no matter what. And that's what you've to proof (with money, ownership, family tie left in home country, ... ==> full interest in home country)

what do you mean by weird arguments? What was the actual reason of rejection!

This happened to my mom visa too for the first time. Since she is an homemaker.
My dad got his visa next day as he is working that time and submitted all the required office documents.

But for my mom it took 1-2 months to answer. But she got an positive answer. So sit tight and wait for the answer. 😊